Official Thread: Southern/Charlotte CanFest 2009
Feb 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #166 of 244
Hi friends out there...
I can't wait to meet you all, so excited that we can spend a great time together listenning to a great gear from all manufacturers.
Also excited to meet, for the first time, Mr. Joe Grado & Dennis, from Cary Audio, the man who designed the best mono blocks power amps I have ever listened to & own.
I will be landing around noon on Friday. I will be staying at the Hilton where the meet is taking place. If there is any other friends who are coming on Friday & want to get together Friday night to either go GIRLS watching or have a small mini meet at our rooms, please let me know, we can order in food or go out that same night & dine at any place. I have never been to NC for a meet, so this is my first ever. so I am really excited.
Thanks to Danny B & Drew from Moon Audio for the invitation, looking forward to seeing you & the rest of the friends on the 21st.
Ray Samuels

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #167 of 244
I have to admit that I'm getting very excited about this meet. I've never been to one before, it looks like I picked a winner for my first HF GTG! So far I've had to live vicariously through other members; reading about all the good times and seeing the pics posted.

Danny, I want to commend you for all of your hard work. You've really done an excellent job, especially getting Mr. Grado himself as a guest.

Also looking forward to meeting Mr Samuels, glad you could make it.

See you all there!

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #168 of 244
I will bring my darkvoice dv337. Would be great if someone can bring a DAC to drive it.

Only a few months since I developed this hobby, first time to the meeting. I am very excited, can't wait to meet you all!

Feb 14, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #169 of 244
Sounds like this meet is gonna be a blast. I wish I could come and learn a few things and check out all the gear. I may have to try and sweet talk the wife.

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #170 of 244
You better show up. We've got people flying in from several different states. You are only a stone's throw away. So, try and make it since you are so close. Perhaps you can put a post out to see if carpooling is a possibility, if you like.
Hope to see you here in less than a week.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #171 of 244
I'm trying to work it out. My wife gave birth to our son, only 2 weeks old yesterday. And my mom flew in from Cali to visit.
If I can get there I can bring my sr-71a, p-51 mustang, and iBasso T4. I can could also bring my ALO LODs, ipods, and Macbook pro. But nothing special about those.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #172 of 244
Don't give me that namsy panzi excuse of "I have a new baaaaby and my wife....blah blah blah..

We're talking audio here, headphones and all that's important to us audio guys/gals. And to think you are considering putting your new baby, and wife BEFORE audio. You could be banned from this site for that kind of thinking.

So, please rethink your position and perhaps the Headphone Gods will let you stay in the kingdom of Headphone Land.

Where's a moderator when you need one.

Just my 2 cents worth.
wink_face.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #173 of 244
The problem is my wife wants me to take my mom with me, and that just won't do.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #174 of 244
That's really cruel and unusual punishment. What did you ever do to your wife to deserve THAT? Maybe it's just postpartum craziness on the part of your wife. Those hormones can do really strange things to an otherwise normal women.

Feb 15, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #175 of 244
Hey Danny,
Were you a used car salesman in a previous life?
icon10.gif

You could sell ice to a polar bear
L3000.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #176 of 244
Hey everyone! New here (well I've been lurking for a while).
Live in Lincolnton and I'm finding this oppurtunity just to good to pass up. Never been to one before.
I'll be bringing:
STAX SR Lambda Pro's / SRD 7Pro energizer
Koss ESP/950's w/STAX adapter

Feb 15, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #178 of 244
We are planning to have realtime updates on the raffle drawings so if you prepurchase tickets you can check out the winning numbers throughout the day, on the CanFEST thread right here at Head-Fi, to see what you have won.
atsmile.gif

To prepurchase, just PM me.

$5 per ticket or 5 tickets per $20.

You do not have to be present to win

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #180 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedingredline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is my wife wants me to take my mom with me, and that just won't do.

Bring her with you, she'll have a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back