Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
May 29, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #1,336 of 2,001
I also got the La Trappe Quadrupel that I really want to try. We'll see how that goes.

This evening the girlfriend dropped by with a Straffe Hendrik Tripel that her parents got from Bruges. Delicious as always. It is such a shame that not a lot of local stores sell this beer.

Oh, and I went to the Mitra the other day. Guess what... no Christoffel!
eek.gif

May 29, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #1,337 of 2,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, and I went to the Mitra the other day. Guess what... no Christoffel!
eek.gif

What a shame!

May 29, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #1,338 of 2,001
Yeah, that hit me hard. The worst thing was that the owner recommended the La Trappe after I told her there was no Christoffel...
redface.gif

May 29, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #1,339 of 2,001

Quote:
Yeah, that hit me hard. The worst thing was that the owner recommended the La Trappe after I told her there was no Christoffel...
redface.gif

very different, Christoffel is very smooth, La Trappe isn't

May 29, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #1,340 of 2,001
She did mention that, guess I am just not really a fan of the sweeter beers.

I like the smoothness you mentioned. That combined with strength is what I am after. I like a heady Blond, Tripel or Weizen very much. But then I can also appreciate the darker beers (goes so well with meat, too).

May 29, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #1,341 of 2,001
Just picked these up a few minutes ago, along with a six of Founders Centennial.

The Dogfish Head should be pretty weird.

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/occassional-rarities/sahtea-0.htm
Quote:
A modern update on a 9th century Finnish proto-beer.  
Brewed with rye, we caramelize the wort with white hot river rocks, then ferment it with a German Weizen yeast. In addition to juniper berries foraged directly from the Finnish country-side we added a sort of tea made with black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and black pepper.

The spicing is subtle and balanced and Sahtea is a highly-quaffable, truly-unique brew with a full-mouth feel.

Jun 5, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #1,346 of 2,001
I had a great weekend of beer drinking at a nice Belgian beer bar with a great selection of beers in Philly.

Started with an Orkney Skullsplitter (Wee Heavy), to a Traquair House Jacobite Ale, and finished with an Allagash Curieux. All different, but great beers that continue my recent trend of loving oak aged beers.

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #1,350 of 2,001

Quote:
Just cracked open one of these Bell's.

And will probably crack open the other five tonight as well.  
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

This stuff is dangerous. I have gotten in trouble with this stuff a lot. Creeps up on you lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back