Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Feb 11, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #1,156 of 2,001

Quote:
Zo, daar moet ik een naar toe gaan
biggrin.gif

Nice pics guys, makes me wanna go have a beer there

Brugge is nice, my favorite in Belgium (Antwerpse 'vogeltjesmarkt' is also nice)

Quote:
Quote:
hehe, sorry, the woman in the 1st pic gave us the tour, the one in the 2nd pic is mine, my own, my precious:p

Picture is 8,9 years ago

"She has been called that before, but not by you" or so a great wizard once said. 
evil_smiley.gif

Yep, but let's not throw her in the fire, I need that power:p
I didn't lose her (with riddels) in the dark....

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #1,158 of 2,001
Has anyone in CA (or anywhere else) tried this year's Pliny the Younger?  I'm finally getting a chance to try it on Sunday!    
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #1,159 of 2,001
For those of you who like to try new, interesting beers, I suggesst you check out Midas Touch by Dogfish Head Brewery.

Taken from site:

"This recipe is the actual oldest-known fermented beverage in the world! It is an ancient Turkish recipe using the original ingredients from the 2700 year old drinking vessels discovered in the tomb of King Midas. Somewhere between wine & mead; this smooth, sweet, yet dry ale will please the Chardonnay of beer drinker alike."

I would score it a 7/10 based on the originality. But whether or not they got the recipe right, or if King Midas drank it himself is doubtful IMO. Because, well, if he had then he would have been drinking golden beer, duh.
 ​

Feb 11, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #1,161 of 2,001

Quote:
Has anyone in CA (or anywhere else) tried this year's Pling the Younger?  I'm finally getting a chance to try it on Sunday!    
biggrin.gif

my uncle had it last weekend. So jealous.

Today I had New Holland's Imperial Hatter on Tap and cask. I must say I very much prefer tap to Cask on this one. Very drinkable. I got a 4 pack to go. Two in the fridge two in the closet :)

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #1,162 of 2,001

Quote:
Has anyone in CA (or anywhere else) tried this year's Pliny the Younger?  I'm finally getting a chance to try it on Sunday!    
biggrin.gif

Had some last year from a growler. Just in time for them to stop doing growler fills. Fantastic, of course. Had some side by side with HopSlam and the PtY just barely won out.

Almost finished with this years case of Nugget Nectar. A top 5 all time beer for me.

Feb 11, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #1,163 of 2,001

I can't believe I have missed this thread. Combining two of my favorite things together.

Quote:
I would score it a 7/10 based on the originality. But whether or not they got the recipe right, or if King Midas drank it himself is doubtful IMO. Because, well, if he had then he would have been drinking golden beer, duh.

Arc, how does the Midas compare to the other Dogfish Head offerings? The Indian Brown is one of my favorites. Is it worth extra money for a 4 pack of the Midas over something like the Indian or 60 Minute?

Feb 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #1,164 of 2,001
I, like you no doubt, enjoy dogfish's brews. I am not sure I have had the Indian Brown, but I have had a lot of their other brews. This is definitely something you should at least try once. I am not saying it will be your new beer of choice (it's really like half beer, half mead). I, being Polish, like to try beers at a little cooler than room temperature to get the full flavor. The Midas is FULL of flavor so it may be too much for some. Served cold from a fridge, however, it is full yet very smooth. Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions.

P.S. I don't know if you're of drinking age or not, so if you're not I did not encourage you. Haha.

Quote:
I can't believe I have missed this thread. Combining two of my favorite things together.

Quote:

Arc, how does the Midas compare to the other Dogfish Head offerings? The Indian Brown is one of my favorites. Is it worth extra money for a 4 pack of the Midas over something like the Indian or 60 Minute?

Feb 12, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #1,165 of 2,001
Thanks for the advice. And no worries, I am almost 25. I just asked because there is a store nearby that carries most of the Dogfish Head brews and I was curious about the Midas. 

My favorite brew in a while has been the Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout. I have been on a big chocolate stout kick this winter and that has been the best I have found so far. It was so smooth and flavorful, a very good brew.

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #1,167 of 2,001

Word, I'll have to try it out.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. And no worries, I am almost 25. I just asked because there is a store nearby that carries most of the Dogfish Head brews and I was curious about the Midas. 

My favorite brew in a while has been the Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout. I have been on a big chocolate stout kick this winter and that has been the best I have found so far. It was so smooth and flavorful, a very good brew.

I'm speechless.

Quote:
Drinking age? Haha, it's 16 here. :-D

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #1,169 of 2,001
Yep, same here. Everything <15% alcohol can be bought from 16 and strong liquor, and cannabis for that matter, from 18. I thought cannabis was illegal in Belgium? But then, why would you smoke when all the nicest beers in the world can be found in Belgium. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back