Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Sep 8, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #916 of 2,001

Quote:
what do you guys think is the best beer that can be had at a supermarket... not like a whole foods or somthing that actually sells some greats like st. bernardus abt 12, but a regular one like ralphs or albertsons. 

Alittle less easy to answer than simply whats the best beer period 
rolleyes.gif

Redhook - Longhammer IPA, or Pyramid - Haywire

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #917 of 2,001
tacomm, look for Deschutes Brewery. Their distribution has been getting bigger and they make wonderful beers. I used to live outside Bend, Oregon and made regular trips to the "mothership" whenever possible. Black Butte Porter on nitro is the nectar of the gods, though I'll also accept it in a bottle.

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #918 of 2,001
just tried smithwicks for the first time, its alright. I made my self a black and tan with it and a guinness. Im not sure about it, may prefer bass over it

Sep 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #919 of 2,001
I'm pretty spoiled since I can go to Whole Foods and they have a very good selection of domestic and foreign beer for decent prices (i.e. not ridiculously marked up).  Local ones are able to source a lot of good west coast breweries, like Deschutes, Russian River, Port/Lost Abbey, as well as some of the more 'common' craft brewers like Stone and Dogfish Head. 

From a regular supermarket here in the SF bay area, like Safeway, the best would probably be Sierra Nevada, Pyramid and New Belgium offerings. 

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #920 of 2,001
I have been enjoying quite a few of these the last week. Excellent beer, especially when freezing cold.
bigsmile_face.gif

efes-pilsen-beer.gif

Sep 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #921 of 2,001
Did this last night for my 21st birthday.

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #925 of 2,001
uhmmm that looks really good... I have been having alot of black and tans lately

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #926 of 2,001
This year's Post Road Pumpkin Ale just got released by the Brooklyn Brewery!  I love this time of year <3  Such perfect mouthfeel, such perfect balances of spice (doesnt reek of nutmeg like some other lesser pumpkin ales), such soothing pumpkin flavor

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #927 of 2,001
I bought the Octoberfest from Harpoon brewery.  It tastes a bit like their IPA (which I love) but more mellow.

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #929 of 2,001
I've found my favorite thread on Head-Fi.  
biggrin.gif

I've been drinking for 15 years straight!!!!, and have found IPAs to be what I love.  Not like, love.  
beerchug.gif

I have many beers to share.  I'll start here:

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #930 of 2,001
Quote:
I've found my favorite thread on Head-Fi.  
biggrin.gif

I've been drinking for 15 years straight!!!!, and have found IPAs to be what I love.  Not like, love.  
beerchug.gif

I have many beers to share.  I'll start here:

The 90 is probably my favorite beer, although, if I want to drink more than a few, gotta go with the 60.

Gotta pick up some 120 some time.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back