Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Sep 7, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #256 of 2,001
Me, and my friend, consumed a lot of EFES Pilsen on our trip to Turkey.
Here are some (about 1/3) of them.
biggrin.gif

img0274bh1.jpg

Sep 7, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #257 of 2,001
I just tried Lagunitas Censored Ale and it was pretty good. I never had any of their beers before. They are now carrying it in Whole Foods. I also would recommend Hazed and Infused from the Boulder Beer Company.

Sep 7, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #258 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me, and my friend, consumed a lot of EFES Pilsen on our trip to Turkey.
Here are some (about 1/3) of them.
biggrin.gif

img0274bh1.jpg

That is a lot of dead soldiers, commander.

Sep 7, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #259 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just tried Lagunitas Censored Ale and it was pretty good. I never had any of their beers before. They are now carrying it in Whole Foods. I also would recommend Hazed and Infused from the Boulder Beer Company.

I have seen Hazed and Infused at my local place. I may grab one next run.

Sep 7, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #260 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have seen Hazed and Infused at my local place. I may grab one next run.

Quote:

You guys are making me thirsty! I'm gonna have to make a stop on the way home from work. We have grapevine market here in Austin. They have a really decent selection to choose from.

Sep 7, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #261 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a lot of dead soldiers, commander.

I know!
But hopefully new soldiers join in before the next "war"...
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #262 of 2,001
Quote:

Boulder Beer Company just came out with a new "Looking Glass" brew called Cold Hop English-style ale. The label suggests a high gravity interpretation of a recipe from a very well known homebrewers textbook. The recipe may have been for an English-style ale but the use of American High Hops makes the profile, to me, distinctly American-style.

Personally, I have yet to find a domestic craft-brewed hop monster as satisfying and unique as Stone's Ruination IPA.
Also, The Belgian ale XX Bitter from De Ranke might be the new standard in Belgian "double", "triple", "imperial" or "extra" pale ales, aka Belgian Hop Monsters.

Sep 17, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #264 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boulder Beer Company just came out with a new "Looking Glass" brew called Cold Hop English-style ale. The label suggests a high gravity interpretation of a recipe from a very well known homebrewers textbook. The recipe may have been for an English-style ale but the use of American High Hops makes the profile, to me, distinctly American-style.

Personally, I have yet to find a domestic craft-brewed hop monster as satisfying and unique as Stone's Ruination IPA.
Also, The Belgian ale XX Bitter from De Ranke might be the new standard in Belgian "double", "triple", "imperial" or "extra" pale ales, aka Belgian Hop Monsters.

I could never acquire the taste for the extremely hoppy beers. I thought Dogfish Head 120min IPA was pretty stout in that regard. XX Bitter sounds rough...
tongue.gif

I guess I don't mind one every now and then, but as a regular beer? No way... heh

~Zip

Sep 17, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #266 of 2,001
Stone_storm.jpg

Got these today. Love Victory and you cannot go wrong with Stone. I had the 60 Minute for lunch with a burger.

Sep 17, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #267 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They say a picture speaks a thousand words
icon10.gif

GuinnessBeer.jpg

It sure does!
Sadly there are only one pub (afaik) in my area that serve Guinness straight from the tap.
Cause canned Guinness is a totally different experience.
frown.gif

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #268 of 2,001
darkninja, how do you like the storm king stout, just picked up a 6 pack myself, tasty stuff, now if only i lived closer to the victory brewery, i'd probably drink way to much

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #269 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif

have you tried victory's hop devil? if stone's is hopier then hop devil, i'll definitly have to try it, hell, i think i'll have to try it anyways

Sep 18, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #270 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by nysulli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
darkninja, how do you like the storm king stout, just picked up a 6 pack myself, tasty stuff, now if only i lived closer to the victory brewery, i'd probably drink way to much

Definitely one of my top 10 stouts. I really like Stone Russian stout, Northcoast Old Rasputin stout, Brooklyn Black Chocolate stout and Great Divide Yeti stout. I cannot really pick a favorite as they all taste so good to me. I tend to just enjoy the brew rather than rate them. I know what I like though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back