Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Sep 19, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #271 of 2,001
Went to Julios Liquors in Westborough MA today. Spent $29 and brought home these:

DSC00371.jpg

Not bad. I have never had Lost Abbey stuff. North Coast is always a good choice as well. The Stone is for a member in another forum.

Oct 12, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #273 of 2,001
Finally had the Rogue Chocolate Stout tonight. Impressive. The head was rich and creamy. Nice hint of chocolate as well.

I have been drinking some pretty good brews lately.

Oct 12, 2007 at 10:15 AM Post #275 of 2,001
Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout!

Originally a drink for lactating mothers, oatmeal stout was described as nutritional on early labels. Oats are in the same family as barley, and a small addition yields great flavor. Popular in the late 1800’s, the last oatmeal stout was brewed before the First World War until Samuel Smith reintroduced this style in 1980.

Almost opaque, with an unusually silky texture and complex, medium-dry velvet palate. Bittersweet finish.

That was their review, and here is mine: Mmmmm............:wink:

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #276 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sure does!
Sadly there are only one pub (afaik) in my area that serve Guinness straight from the tap.
Cause canned Guinness is a totally different experience.
frown.gif

Your right canned guiness is like drinking old socks (not that i've tried
wink.gif
)
Its nothing like draft.

Oct 12, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #277 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went to Julios Liquors in Westborough MA today. Spent $29 and brought home these:

DSC00371.jpg

Not bad. I have never had Lost Abbey stuff. North Coast is always a good choice as well. The Stone is for a member in another forum.

is that a unibroue on the far right? never seen it before. I've tried most of the unibroue. I'm trying to find a la terrible but they don't get any in my town.

Oct 12, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #278 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is that a unibroue on the far right? never seen it before. I've tried most of the unibroue. I'm trying to find a la terrible but they don't get any in my town.

It is The Lost Abbey Judgment Day. http://www.lostabbey.com/beer.php

Just picked up some Sam Adams Triple Bock, Stone XI, and Orval.

EDIT: also check out the Port Brewing offerings. They are a sister brewery to The Lost Abbey IIRC. I recently had the Wipe Out IPA and it is one of my favorites. Next up is Old Viscosity.

Oct 15, 2007 at 9:45 AM Post #284 of 2,001
Guinness Draft on tap!

Hops, bite, green, caramel and foamy head!

Oct 26, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #285 of 2,001
PintOfHoegaarden.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back