Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Jul 4, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #181 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The July selection of Michael Jackson's Rare Beer Club:

Brooklyn Local 1 !!!

Check this out:
Brooklyn_Brewery's_Beer_Page
Make sure to watch the video too.

thanks dude.

No idea about Alesmith. I just know they make some top rated stuff and it is available.

Can you get 3 Floyds??

Jul 4, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #182 of 2,001
^Haven't seen them in a while, but I think we will be carrying some of them soon.

Today, for the holiday, I am toasting the community with a Rochefort 6. Since this is an authentic Trappist ale and the monks have taken a vow of silence I can say no more....just get one...

Jul 4, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #183 of 2,001
Quote:

^Haven't seen them in a while, but I think we will be carrying some of them soon.

Today, for the holiday, I am toasting the community with a Rochefort 6. Since this is an authentic Trappist ale and the monks have taken a vow of silence I can say no more....just get one...

I will get a Rochefort 10 next time and maybe a bomber of Chimay Blue. Happy 4th dude. Stay off the roads.

Jul 4, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #185 of 2,001
Quote:

^You know it.
Get 3 Chimay Blue's and cellar one down for ~10 years and another for ~25.

My taste buds will be dead in 25 years.
icon10.gif

EDIT: You do not cellar your beers laying on their sides right?

Jul 4, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #186 of 2,001
^Standing upright. Unlike laying down a bottle of wine a beer benefits from standing upright, especially corked beer. When you lay down a bottle of wine it seals the cork, but a beer may leak due to the preasure.
When I say "lay down" what I really mean is "cellar" as a verb, i.e. to cellar.

Jul 5, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #189 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by cleophus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eichbaum Ureich,US Army,Mannheim,1981-1983
No sign of this one in the states,sadly missed.

Ha, you were drinking it long before I even walked this silly planet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Eichbaum is one of the less obscure German beers, you'd expect the better liquor stores to have it. Though I must say, I haven't seen it here either...

Jul 6, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #190 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha, you were drinking it long before I even walked this silly planet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Eichbaum is one of the less obscure German beers, you'd expect the better liquor stores to have it. Though I must say, I haven't seen it here either...

Amsterdam's finest brewer.
http://www.brouwerijhetij.nl/

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #191 of 2,001
4565.jpg

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #192 of 2,001
^That's an old bottle! Or, at least, not from normal US distribution. The La Trappe beers are now labeled as Koningshoeven. What is the "best by..." or bottling date on that one?

Hey Cleophus...where do you get your Ij? I am trying to locate it so I can carry it at the store I work in. We carry ~750 craft beers but at this moment we don't have Ij. I've seen it in Pennsylvania but not in New Jersey.

Jul 10, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #193 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4565.jpg

Quote:

^That's an old bottle! Or, at least, not from normal US distribution. The La Trappe beers are now labeled as Koningshoeven. What is the "best by..." or bottling date on that one?

Hey Cleophus...where do you get your Ij? I am trying to locate it so I can carry it at the store I work in. We carry ~750 craft beers but at this moment we don't have Ij. I've seen it in Pennsylvania but not in New Jersey.

I don't remember it's date. I had took that pic years ago.

Jul 16, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #194 of 2,001
As I wait in breathless anticipation for the remainder on my ingredients and my Phil Mill my thoughts have begun to ruminate. I have, or will have soon, enough ingredients to brew several 5 gallon batches of craft beer, all of which are going to be Belgian in style. At least they were...

26091.jpg

Old Plowshare Stout, organic
and,
brand-Old38-pour.jpg

Old No. 38 Stout

Both are brewed by North Coast Brewing Company in Fort Bragg, on the Mendocino Coast in California. And, both are excellent examples of the Dry Stout style perfected in Ireland. The former is creamy chocolaty fruity toasty while the latter is toasty fruity leathery nectary!

Funny thing is, it wasn't trying these stouts that convinced me to brew one but rather the idea of brewing something so different from the Belgian beers I am impassioned with.
wink.gif

Wish me luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back