Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Mar 14, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #541 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone tried the Sam Adams Chocolate Boch?

It's a limited release. Little over $15 bucks for a 25 fluid ounce bottle. A tad bit pricey, but very tasty!

I enjoyed it more that the Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout's I have right now.

Yes, my wife picked up a bottle as soon as it hit the shelves at our local HEB.

A very delicious treat indeed!

Tonight I'm trying mighty arrow pale ale by New Belgium brewing. I've always enjoyed Fat Tire and figured I would give this a go. Very sharp tasting as the name implies. Cascade and golding hops, honey malt base. Yum!
regular_smile .gif

Z

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #542 of 2,001
Two of the best beers that I've ever had come from a local micro-brewery that's about a 3 minute drive from my house
biggrin.gif

#1: Imperial Stout - Kind of like Guinness, but without the bitterness and it packs way more of a punch. Very smooth and has a wonderful taste. 8.5% abv
very_evil_smiley.gif

#2: Cherry Raspberry Ale: A wonderful flavored ale that's not over-done with the fruitiness. Also very smooth, and goes down like water. Maraschino cherries are added to the ale and make a nice little treat when your finished drinking it. 6.5% abv
ph34r.gif

Brown's Brewing Co. :: Troy, NY

beerchug.gif

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #543 of 2,001
dscn2973.jpg

Sam Adams Imperial Stout - This is delicious. Like a slice of beer flavored chocolate cake with over 8% alcohol. Nice!

Apr 4, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #544 of 2,001
red_hook_double_black_stout_with_coffee.jpg

Apr 4, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #546 of 2,001
Been a while since I posted in this thread. I've learned that beer is an acquired taste in the purest sense, but I'm certainly starting to acquire a liking for it. I've tried some really good ones since I turned 21 on March 16th.

Leinenkugel's Classic Amber (not bad at all)
Sam Adams Black Lager (chocolate/coffee)
Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier (really tasty, easy-to-drink, surprisingly good)
Sam Adams Boston Ale (relatively light, think Yuengling, but with a lot more flavor and better)
Sam Adams Irish Red (much more intense than typical Sam's. Really good)
Blue Moon (not horrible for a Coors product)
Harpoon Ale (really smooth just like blue moon, but way better)

And... Guinness Extra Stout. This stuff is completely ridiculous. It's on a different level than the beers listed above. I asked my friend to try it as soon as I cracked it open and took and sip, passing to him, "Have you ever been punched in the face by a beer?" and he just goes "whoa." I didn't even know beer could be this bitter. The bitterness combined with a huge amount of other flavors just hit you, then linger for a really, really long time, and like I said, leaving a really dry feeling in your mouth. It's really just amazing that any drink can achieve this effect. This stuff is quality. I'm looking forward to finding more stuff like this. I really like soft drinks, but this is the ultimate converse.

Apr 5, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #548 of 2,001
I just finished a pretty expensive weekend of beer. Started out on Friday with: 2 Magic Hat Circus Boy, 2 Old Rasputin Imperial Stout (my new favorite Imperial stout), 1 Allagash Tripel, and 1 Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA (which was far sweeter than I was expecting).

Yesterday I polished off the second bottle of Allagash and was privileged to try my first bottle of Rogue Shakespeare Stout.

I think that's it, I still have three of the 90 Minute IPA's I'm saving for a little while, I think the celebration for overall above expectation grades this semester is over for a while, lol.

Apr 8, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #549 of 2,001
Where do you guys find this kind of specialty beer, anyway? I'm in a college town, so you can find stacks and stacks of Coor's, Budweiser, etc, but nothing good.

May 14, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #551 of 2,001
1207_corona.jpg

2 weeks back..i tried corona for the first time after seeing it in some movie..superbad i think.

May 22, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #552 of 2,001
New bar opened up close to home... 60+ beers on tap ! Whoohoo! Many of them west coast craft brews. Only a few that I haven't picked up in bottle form at one time or another, but they stock several of my favorites:

Bear Republic - Racer 5 IPA
Stone brew - IPA, levitation ale, arrogant person (Ruenation IPA is my favorite from Stone but they don't carry it
frown.gif
, guess I'll have to stick to the bottle there)
Green Flash - West coast IPA

Tried a Lagunitas - Maximus IPA the other day and thought it was pretty good but not great. Their regular IPA is better.

May 22, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #553 of 2,001
Grolsch for the Dutchies, especially the Twentenaren
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #554 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 weeks back..i tried corona for the first time after seeing it in some movie..superbad i think.

Hmm, I quite like it. Try some other Mexican as well. Hmm, Desperados with some lemon.
drooling-5.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grolsch for the Dutchies, especially the Twentenaren
biggrin.gif

Only Tukkers imo.
tongue.gif
Alfa, Dommelsch, Heineken, Bavaria, Hertog Jan are nice. Only a week and then I am finished with my exams. Hehe.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #555 of 2,001
img6126roguexsipa.jpg

img6158lagunitashopstoo.jpg

img6156rootswoodyorgani.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back