Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Dec 1, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #496 of 2,001
I'm ready to join. Beer is a religion as far as I'm concerned. My favourite seasonal brew is Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. The Magic Hat line of beers is of interest to me right now. Eventually the novelty will wear off, but I do enjoy the variety of beers offered by this brewery.

Guiness Stout is an all-time favourite. Stella Artois brings back memories of one afternoon in Paris. Chimay Ale is a treat that was almost affordable when I was in grad school. My first beer was a Calgary (I was 12) that I was offered by a friend in his backyard in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. When I was offered it, I looked at my Dad and he said if I wanted it, I could have it. So I had it. Didn't like it much (Calgary has a bitter aftertaste), but I drank it. Living in Canada, I drank a lot of Canadian beer (no US brews), a bit of Guiness, some German beer, and that was it. After I moved to the US, my beer choices expanded and I began a quest to find the perfect beer. Of course, I haven't found it yet, so I must continue on my quest quaffing beer after beer in search of my holy grail of beer.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #501 of 2,001
I just had some Ruedrich's Red Seal Ale last night... not half-bad!

And then some Dewars 12-year scotch. I don't care what anybody says: I like it!
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #503 of 2,001
Picked up a six pack of Great Lakes Burning River and Rogue Santa's Private Reserve Ale for my 21st last Sunday
biggrin.gif
I've gotten Burning River a few times now and it's probably one of my favorites, bitter and hoppy but very drinkable and satisfying like a good meal. The Rogue brew on the other hand was just bitter and nasty, maybe if I had it with something salty to take the edge off.

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #505 of 2,001
Just had some Affligem Belgian Abbey Ale called Noel. It is obviously a holiday beer and it is oh so good. I have been making beer/wine for about 7-8 years and I have not tasted anything quite the same. Anyone ever have it as well?

yhst-74006495091934_2025_5009765

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #506 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobglaub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have been sober for 2+ years now..but boy do I miss beer.

just saw this! congrats man! a bunch of people have had trouble with alcohol in my family and I know the difficulty.

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #507 of 2,001
i've gotta start trying some beers... maybe i'll use this thread as a reference lol

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #509 of 2,001
So the mulled beer experiment went over well.

We managed to mull a bottle of Bell's Oberon, two bottles of Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss, and two bottles of Bell's Kalamazoo Stout. It was a good time and very delicious....

Here's the recipe be based it off of: How to Make Mulled Beer - wikiHow

Give it a try, kids. I never had to strain any egg out of the mulled beer, so I think I did a pretty good job...

Enjoy!

Dec 7, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #510 of 2,001
Unfortunately, I don't have money to drink belgian beer every day, so I have to manage with some native brazilian beers. Since we have very hot weather, we mostly drink lagers/pilsners. I've had a couple of beers today just to get rid of my thirst... It is almost summer here in Brazil and it is around 90°F/32°C here. So... bottoms up!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back