Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Apr 27, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #1,066 of 1,494
Looks like this is it, I connected to PC and maxed and volume level is same and it's definately not 'unlistenable level'.

Have you tried disabling Absolute Volume in the Developer settings on your Android phone (assuming you have an Android phone)?

Apr 27, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #1,067 of 1,494
Anyone own XM3 & Galaxy Buds? Not sure if the Sonys are worth it or not. Mostly want something for fitness, biking, etc. I don't sweat much so water resistance doesn't matter.

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #1,068 of 1,494
Anyone own XM3 & Galaxy Buds? Not sure if the Sonys are worth it or not. Mostly want something for fitness, biking, etc. I don't sweat much so water resistance doesn't matter.

I don't have the Galaxy Buds but do have the Sonys. Some people struggle with a fit and seal to get the sound that really opens them up with wonderfully rich sound and ANC. I found some tips that give me a great seal, but because of the Sonys' physics, weight, and their out-of-head design (and cost), I wouldn't exercise with them for risk one may fall out.

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #1,070 of 1,494
I have XM3, Buds, and Buds+.
I'd say XM3 sounds best for me - a bit laid back, boosted bass but clean, no sibilance, no harsh, still enough treble energy.
Buds sounds nice, like if I didn't have XM3 first, I'd take OG Buds.
Buds+, on the other hand, sounds kinda harsh and forward for my taste. The bass on Buds+ is great though (not boomy, just very nice sub-bass).

Buds+: The ambient mode is great, the "tap behind the ears to change volume" is awesome, microphone is best.
Sony: I didn't know I'd miss the app EQ feature when I'm not using Sony. Also, the noise cancelling is a must if you ride subway.
Buds: No extra feature like Buds+. Sound is pleasant enough to consider the cost to be a bargain.

Order of sound for me: Sony > OG Buds > Buds+ [you can tune down the harshness with EQ. This order applies to stock tuning]
Features: Buds+ > Sony > OG Buds
Fits: Buds+ = Buds (both best for gym) > Sony

Currently, I'm sticking to Buds+ because I EQ it a bit, and because I love the bass. I'm looking forward to test it in the subway. If it can come anywhere close to the Sony, I'd pick it as overall top choice because of the fit, feature, and the bass.

Apr 27, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #1,071 of 1,494

I own both. If your main priority is fitness use, the buds are more comfortable and secure. It also helps that they have some IP rating, even if you don't sweat much. That being said, I don't have issues with fit/comfort with the Sonys either, but others have complained about that so it seems like the bud is a better universal fit.

Apr 28, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #1,072 of 1,494
Thanks everyone! I settled on the 1st gen Galaxy buds. If the XM3 ever goes under $60 I'll get them too.

Apr 28, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #1,073 of 1,494
Thanks everyone! I settled on the 1st gen Galaxy buds. If the XM3 ever goes under $60 I'll get them too.

I doubt they’ll go under $100

Apr 28, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #1,074 of 1,494
Thanks to @Spidermanxd I finally have a pair to try out and enjoy.

Spent an hour or so tip rolling this morning, settled on some T200 foam tips from AliExpress that I cut down 2-3mm.

IMG_20200428_102127.jpg

I do wish the case were smaller and had wireless charging. They are both the largest TWS I've tried and have the largest case too.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #1,075 of 1,494
Does anyone ever feel like these earbuds could break inserting them in your ears? I use small spinfit cp360 eartips, and put them in using the instructions, putting them in facing down, and twisting them upward 90 degrees, and sometimes it sounds like the plastic is flexing or cracking, but it could easily be the sound of the eartip skidding in my ear. It happens sometimes but I have a hard time recreating it after...it just worries me for the longevity of the buds.

Apr 29, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #1,076 of 1,494
Does anyone ever feel like these earbuds could break inserting them in your ears? I use small spinfit cp360 eartips, and put them in using the instructions, putting them in facing down, and twisting them upward 90 degrees, and sometimes it sounds like the plastic is flexing or cracking, but it could easily be the sound of the eartip skidding in my ear. It happens sometimes but I have a hard time recreating it after...it just worries me for the longevity of the buds.

Using stock tips, they feel absolutely rigid. Sure it's not the Spinfit themselves leading to that feeling?

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #1,078 of 1,494

I get that noise with silicone tips. Driver flex due to seal.

I only get about 45-60 degrees of rotational from vertical.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #1,079 of 1,494
I got these today, bought second hand, with minimal use as they say. Anyway, I updated to latest firmware and proceeded to enjoy these buds. My problem is that the bluetooth drops and I have to pair to the buds again to my LG V30, happened about 10 times today. I have been through this thread and can't find the same problem. Is it a firmware issue, phone issue, or faulty buds issue? I also reset on each bud, and then both, then re paired back to phone with NFC.

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #1,080 of 1,494
I got these today, bought second hand, with minimal use as they say. Anyway, I updated to latest firmware and proceeded to enjoy these buds. My problem is that the bluetooth drops and I have to pair to the buds again to my LG V30, happened about 10 times today. I have been through this thread and can't find the same problem. Is it a firmware issue, phone issue, or faulty buds issue? I also reset on each bud, and then both, then re paired back to phone with NFC.
Have you set your Bluetooth to AAC?
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/how-to/fea...android-support-improve-audio-quality-2076987

Users who are viewing this thread

Back