Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Oct 23, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #588 of 1,494
The key would be to find out if your iMac can stream AAC via bluetooth. My 2014 iMac could, but that's a couple generations newer. They sound good with AAC to me, as that's what my iOS devices are streaming to the Sonys. If you have other bluetooth headphones you could see if your iMac can do AAC, or try with an iOS device. On your iMac, you need the bluetooth icon in your menu bar. Hold Option and click it and you should be able to select AAC. My 2019 iMac (and older macs) can also do AptX.

See here

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #589 of 1,494
Yes - I have the same issue. Everything else has a bad seal/about to fall out of my ears, however silicon ones (default, medium, and large ones) fit well and give me a good seal - however it gets uncomfortable after some time.
I wonder if there are any custom IEM tips out there that I can use. I used to use custom IEM's and they were very comfortable for a couple of years until my ear shape started changing.

If you're willing to pay for custom IEM tips, Avery Sound makes some. Granted in order to put them into their charging case, you'd have to taken off the custom tips every time.

https://www.pilotstuff.com/averysound/as.sony.html

SonyWF-1000XM3.jpg

Oct 25, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #590 of 1,494
I think it was nc8000, but whoever suggested the Final E LL silicone eartips was absolutely spot on. They have made the earbuds so much better with regards to isolation.

I also ordered the Comply TRUEGRIP PRO from the US last week but am still waiting for them to be delivered. Let's see if they can improve on the Final E tips.

Oct 25, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #591 of 1,494
Dont get your hopes up regarding rhe True Grip.
Got mine this week, they get stuck in my ear when I remove my iems.
Also I ordered M, too small.
Compared to my Comply Audio Pro M, True grip are useless.

Maybe they would be OK if I ordered L instead of M, still the issue getting stuck in ear I suppose.

Oct 26, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #593 of 1,494
Oh really? I ordered that 3-pack that contains one each of S, M and L so hopefully one of those will fit right.

It won't matter because they do not hold on to the actual earphones. It seems like once the tips get somewhat warmed up, they expand and doesn't grip to the earphones and slips off it when your remove them from your ear. Amazon reviews have the same complaints about them.

Oct 26, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #594 of 1,494
Correct.
To bad Comply list wf-1000xm3 as a True Grip match.

To bad I didn’t read the user comments well enough :)
For me these are useless, might as well just burn them.

The Audio Pro though, fits, and creates a good seal.

Oct 27, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #595 of 1,494
What is an upgrade over these Sony WF-1000MX3. The particular area’s were I look to improve on:
1. Linear/ neutral treble
2. Excellent touch controls
3. Multi device connection
4. Better fit
5. Better comfort
6. Better look.

Oct 28, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #596 of 1,494
I seem to recall reading somewhere that one can rename the 1000XM3 in the list of devices under Bluetooth. Or was I dreaming?
One other question is how does one determine the percentage of charge left for the charging case itself?
Thanks.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #597 of 1,494
I seem to recall reading somewhere that one can rename the 1000XM3 in the list of devices under Bluetooth. Or was I dreaming?
One other question is how does one determine the percentage of charge left for the charging case itself?
Thanks.

As far as I’m aware there is no way to do either

Oct 28, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #599 of 1,494
I hope I'm not the only one, but I managed to get a good AND comfortable seal with mine via this technique:

Instead of jamming them in your ear, you put them in your ear and twist it downwards so it is angled downwards in a 45 degree angle. Comfortable for hours.

Done with the Silicon tips (the foam ones don't stay in my ear well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back