Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Aug 7, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #136 of 1,494
Aug 7, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #137 of 1,494
I understand that SmartCore series from Comply will fit these but I cannot find anywhere on the internet whether there are any issues with properly seating them in the charging case and closing the lid once you put in Comply tips. Anyone using Comply tips on these can comment on this topic?

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #138 of 1,494
I have been reading some reviews and some are saying that the NC on this earbuds are crap, that basically good passive isolating IEM’s are just as good?

But an other hand, some reviewers are saying that the ANC is good. So who is right? :p

I’m stil thinking about just ordering a pair and trying them out that way.

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #139 of 1,494
I have been reading some reviews and some are saying that the NC on this earbuds are crap, that basically good passive isolating IEM’s are just as good?

But an other hand, some reviewers are saying that the ANC is good. So who is right? :p

That’s the only way to find out what you think

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #141 of 1,494

From my few days with them, they isolate far more than any passive IEM. There's no contest. They're strongest in the low frequencies and weaker in the high frequencies, but they still isolate very well passively, and even better with ANC on.

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #142 of 1,494
Negatives on these headphones: I feel like my Jabra 65Ts make a much better seal from the outside world than these. I was pretty disappointed at the level of ANC on a flight back from Hong Kong compared to my Sony XM2s, which I purposely did not take this time because of their bulk. You have to twist them in your ear to make the seal a little better, but they rub up against my ear bone (or is that cartilage there?) that sticks out of the front middle of my ears. The case is also freaking ridiculously huge and bulky compared to the Jabra's or most true wireless headphones.

Otherwise I think they are pretty great. Little mad at the article that claimed the noise cancellation was XM3 (full size) equivalent.

Aug 7, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #143 of 1,494

Not the simpliest way but the smartest way I think lol - at least you can try them out for yourself and make your own judgement. Sound quality is subjective as they say! :wink:

Aug 7, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #144 of 1,494

It might also depend on expectations, too. Since there aren't really that many true wireless earbuds with NC, some folks are probably thinking it's amazing for such a small package, while others think it's crap compared to mid-level full headphones.

Aug 7, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #146 of 1,494
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190808103114836_COVER.jpg

Been neglecting my main rig for the Sony's. TWS or not, the sound quality has been more than sufficient. Balanced with unexpectedly good resolution and incredibly musical. Love the musical direction Sony is taking since the launch of the IER-Z1R.

Aug 7, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #147 of 1,494

Just brought these out on a 2-hour commute. The ANC does work, but at about 70% of the fullsize XM3s capacity..which seems reasonable to me. Stuffing headphone functionality into an IEM form factor would be truly miraculous, that wouldn't be a fair comparison.

They were almost interesting. Not supporting apt-x and ldac at that price point (and size of unit) turns me off.
Sony probably dropped LDAC due to battery life concerns. AptX would have been nice, but the WFs don't suffer for the lack of it, imho. Nice and clean sound across music of different genres.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #148 of 1,494
They were almost interesting. Not supporting apt-x and ldac at that price point (and size of unit) turns me off.

They traded aptX for a truly independent wireless earbuds instead of the master/slave setup for a more stable connection as well as much less lag for video/audio sync, and a system which works for both iOS and Android.

I think the trade is more than worth it. And I reckon people should stop supporting aptX due to Qualcomm’s very restrictive licensing scheme which hinders technology progress in this area as aptX requires a Qualcomm BT chipset and Qualcomm has been extremely slow in making truly independent wireless earbuds tech available as they lock that tech only for their latest and most expensive SoC platform, and those devices are strictly Android flagship phones only.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #149 of 1,494
Im considering these also, not available in my region yet.
I dont own a pair of wireless buds today, havent tried any either, except apple.
Apple dont fit me at all.

Earbuds I use today is B&W(dont remember the model, a few years old though and a bit broke).
Also own Monster copper pro, right bus doesnt always work.

So mostly I use B&W PX over ear wireless which I love.
But a bit big to bring all the time.

I saw a review of these xm3 on youtube, the guy said that he always play max volume, and realky would like them to play louder.
Conserns me a bit, I like to play loud, thats one of the reason I like PX.

Any know if this is the case, is volume enough?

Aug 8, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #150 of 1,494
Today, my plan was to buy the Sony WF-1000XM3 (did i get the name right?) and return them if I didn’t like them (as this is the only way to demo them).

But they were all sold out while 2 days ago they had over 10 units. These things sell like hotcakes apparently.

How much better is the sound of these in comparison to the Powerbeats Pro? I use these for sports but I must say I have been quite impressed by them as a general purpose wireless IEM (it just has too much bass but what else can you expect from Beats?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back