Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Aug 8, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #151 of 1,494
Im considering these also, not available in my region yet.
I dont own a pair of wireless buds today, havent tried any either, except apple.
Apple dont fit me at all.

Earbuds I use today is B&W(dont remember the model, a few years old though and a bit broke).
Also own Monster copper pro, right bus doesnt always work.

So mostly I use B&W PX over ear wireless which I love.
But a bit big to bring all the time.

I saw a review of these xm3 on youtube, the guy said that he always play max volume, and realky would like them to play louder.
Conserns me a bit, I like to play loud, thats one of the reason I like PX.

Any know if this is the case, is volume enough?

I have at no point exceeded 60% on my iPhone and that is plenty loud enough for me

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #152 of 1,494
So can we put together a list of which third party tips - and their respective model numbers - will work with these new Sony's?
I have the Complyfoam Isolation 200's. They fit well on the headphones themselves and into the case for charging.

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #154 of 1,494
Quick question - I ordered these a couple days ago and suffer from small ear canal syndrome :wink: they are arriving sometime next week.

Would the Spinfit CP100 probably be one of the smaller options I could use on these?

I found the bottom diameter of the Jabra Elite 65t (Small tips) to be comfortable (9.5mm) and the Sony MDR-XB50AP (I can only assume smallest tips - have had them for yearsI measured at around 10.5mm) to be... on the threshold of relative comfort. The MDR-XB50AP can be worn, but I feel some throbbing every 30-45 minutes that seems to go away on it's own.

Anything bigger (11-11.5mm) causes me pain.

Other notable "pleasurable" IEM experience were the tips the Klipsch S4 used.

Naturally getting a spectacular seal is also part of what I'm looking for.

Just in the process of trying to figure out how I could make these work for me if the included tips don't quite work out.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #155 of 1,494
Quick question - I ordered these a couple days ago and suffer from small ear canal syndrome :wink: they are arriving sometime next week.

Would the Spinfit CP100 probably be one of the smaller options I could use on these?

I found the bottom diameter of the Jabra Elite 65t (Small tips) to be comfortable (9.5mm) and the Sony MDR-XB50AP (I can only assume smallest tips - have had them for yearsI measured at around 10.5mm) to be... on the threshold of relative comfort. The MDR-XB50AP can be worn, but I feel some throbbing every 30-45 minutes that seems to go away on it's own.

Anything bigger (11-11.5mm) causes me pain.

Other notable "pleasurable" IEM experience were the tips the Klipsch S4 used.

Naturally getting a spectacular seal is also part of what I'm looking for.

Just in the process of trying to figure out how I could make these work for me if the included tips don't quite work out.
These use the exact same tips and fit in your ear in the exact same way the XB50AP do. So whatever you found that works best for those should be the same here!

Aug 9, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #156 of 1,494
These use the exact same tips and fit in your ear in the exact same way the XB50AP do. So whatever you found that works best for those should be the same here!
Great thanks, won't go off all half cocked buying $40-50 worth of tips before they arrive :wink:

edit:
Been listening to various metal albums/etc for the last 2 hours and haven't had to take the XB50AP out, still comfy - so defo won't be pulling the trigger prior to new buds showing up lol..

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #157 of 1,494
I bought a pair of WF-1000XM3 a couple days ago. Otherwise I have liked these buds, but for some reason it is impossible to use them for phone calls or recording my voice with e.g. Voice Memos. I don't know if it's a malfunction in the hardware or software, but my voice turns into robotic mess and the words fade in and out randomly, like someone was turning the mute on and off.

Wondering if other people have had similar issues with their pairs? The good thing is that I can return them in 50 days after purchase so I'm not in a hurry. But one thing I was looking for was a TWE that could function as good music earphones and also a decent headset for calls. The sound quality is very good, but at the moment the mics are unusable. I suspect there's a problem in the firmware, not just a malfunctioning unit. This is because noice cancelling and ambient sound modes work normally and I have understood that these earphones use the same mics for those too. On Reddit someone wrote that their unit seems to using wrong sample rate or something like that when using them as a headset, so the problem should be with bluetooth HFP profile.

Aug 10, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #159 of 1,494
It's getting on my nerves how hard it is to get our hands on these. They "launched" a few weeks ago and it seems like the pre-order ETAs just keep getting pushed back.

Aug 10, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #160 of 1,494
They look very nice and I have no doubt in sony's sound quality. But I really do not like the big part sticking out of the ear. But most of the true wireless are like that. Hopefully someday they could make it as small as the airpods and I would definitely get a pair...

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #161 of 1,494
They look very nice and I have no doubt in sony's sound quality. But I really do not like the big part sticking out of the ear. But most of the true wireless are like that. Hopefully someday they could make it as small as the airpods and I would definitely get a pair...

Yes I would have liked them to be sized like the Earin M2 but the size isen’t really that bad

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #163 of 1,494
So I got these today. First impressions, it is a typical Sony product. Looks good paper but it just sucks so much in many different area’s.

Now the benchmark is very low as I am comparing it against my Powerbeats Pro (yes, Beats by Dre dre :p).
+ sound quality
+ noise cancellation
- terrible controls
- sync issues (if i press play, my right ears has audio slightly faster. The Powerbeats Pro doesn’t have this issue.)
- looks horrible (is Sony trying to do an Airpods?)
- not stable in the ears (do not try to exercise with these)
- cannot use it when it rains
- no volume controls.

I paid $230 and I really feel I paid too much for it with these big shortcomings. It is not a premium quality product. Sure, the Powerbeats Pro sounds worse and has less isolation but it has no big weakness.

I will try to use them for 14 days and see if I change my mind about sending it back.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #164 of 1,494
I’ve been having strange issues with button presses since I received them a few days ago.

If I press the left earbud button, it will always register. I know this as there is a tone, or beep, that plays when I press it. The left is set to control NC/ambient sound. The problem is that it doesn’t always change the mode.

For example, I press the button, I hear a tone, and it will say “ambient sound - on”. I press again, and I will hear a tone, but that’s it. I can still Hear my surroundings so I know that it did not cycle to the next mode, namely “ambient sound off”. Sometimes it won’t let me switch to “noise cancelling”.

At times, it requires only one press to work. Other times, I have to press anywhere up to 10 tiles. And then there are times where it just won’t change modes.

However, every press always makes the tone confirmation.

Any ideas what’s going on?

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #165 of 1,494
So I got these today. First impressions, it is a typical Sony product. Looks good paper but it just sucks so much in many different area’s.

Now the benchmark is very low as I am comparing it against my Powerbeats Pro (yes, Beats by Dre dre :p).
+ sound quality
+ noise cancellation
- terrible controls
- sync issues (if i press play, my right ears has audio slightly faster. The Powerbeats Pro doesn’t have this issue.)
- looks horrible (is Sony trying to do an Airpods?)
- not stable in the ears (do not try to exercise with these)
- cannot use it when it rains
- no volume controls.

I paid $230 and I really feel I paid too much for it with these big shortcomings. It is not a premium quality product. Sure, the Powerbeats Pro sounds worse and has less isolation but it has no big weakness.

I will try to use them for 14 days and see if I change my mind about sending it back.

To me it is clearly a quality product and the rain and volume issues can’t be a surprise unless you haven’t done your homework before ordering. Fit is so personal a thing so in my opinion can’t be counted as a minus against the product itself in general, same goes for looks, I find that they look stylish but would have liked them to be smaller. This is clearly not the product for you. The controls are perfect for my use.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back