Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Apr 15, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #1,396 of 1,494
Briefly had these last summer when they went on sale, returned them like couple of weeks down the road unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I thought they sounded amazing and offered great clarity to the sound, honestly one of the most enjoyable sound qualities. Bad part is the fit is HORRENDOUS and super annoying, when I move a little they'd slip away from its place and some discomfort too. Really a shame that Sony dropped the ball with this one, I hope the XM4 model that's supposedly going to be released this August will alleviate this issue....might be my next set of earbuds
They didn’t drop the ball just because they don’t work for you, there are many, many they work fine for, me included. With so many different ears I doubt there exist even one iem on the market that everybody in the world would agree is a brilliant fit

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #1,397 of 1,494
They didn’t drop the ball just because they don’t work for you, there are many, many they work fine for, me included. With so many different ears I doubt there exist even one iem on the market that everybody in the world would agree is a brilliant fit
I know and realize it heavily depends on your ear shape (Mine is kinda small and pointy), to be fair many others complained about the fit. At this point it's mostly likely less from the eartips itself and more on the bud's form factor....which is huge and kinda heavy. My friend bought it at the same time and kept his, had zero complaints about the fit so I guess you have a point, I probably exeggerated on Sony dropping the ball lol

Heard the upcoming XM4 will be smaller, that should alleviate the fit issues hopefully. Imma keep my eyes peeled out...

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #1,399 of 1,494
just remember to keep the device active whilst you are doing the update. If it goes to sleep it starts over. Using the stock tips, was just wondering if it was worth springing for the spinfit cp360? occasionally think about getting custom tips for them, but think having to swop them out to charge could get annoying.

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #1,400 of 1,494
For fit and size the Earin M2 are still my favourites but the have less than 3 hours life and no anc. I still use them for walking rather than the XM3

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #1,401 of 1,494
just remember to keep the device active whilst you are doing the update. If it goes to sleep it starts over. Using the stock tips, was just wondering if it was worth springing for the spinfit cp360? occasionally think about getting custom tips for them, but think having to swop them out to charge could get annoying.
I use the Xelastec and they work great for me but they didn’t at all work for me on the IER-Z1R where I use Final Audio E

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #1,402 of 1,494
Briefly had these last summer when they went on sale, returned them like couple of weeks down the road unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I thought they sounded amazing and offered great clarity to the sound, honestly one of the most enjoyable sound qualities. Bad part is the fit is HORRENDOUS and super annoying, when I move a little they'd slip away from its place and some discomfort too. Really a shame that Sony dropped the ball with this one, I hope the XM4 model that's supposedly going to be released this August will alleviate this issue....might be my next set of earbuds
I’m using xelastec tips and it’s helped me a lot with the fit, and improved the sound quality.

Apr 15, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #1,404 of 1,494
I use my xm3’s with the cp360. It gives me a perfect seal and comfort wise i have no issues. Sound quality is also slightly enhanced probably due to the better seal and flexibility of the tips. I would recommend cp360 to anyone facing fit issues with the xm3.

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #1,405 of 1,494

CP360 works great for the XM3, but for me personally, i use the Sony Hybrid tips

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #1,406 of 1,494
I'm lucky in that I always get an excellent fit using the standard Sony tips (medium size). In fact I would go as far as to say that the WF1000XM3's actually fit me better than any of my other wireless IEM's.

Interestingly enough, I recently acquired the Soundpeats P2 ANC earbuds and their active noise cancelling is really rather remarkable - very VERY close to Sony's and without having an impact on the sound when activated. It looks like the ANC technology is definitely filtering down to less expensive models.

Apr 17, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #1,408 of 1,494
Apr 17, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #1,409 of 1,494

Users who are viewing this thread

Back