Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Jul 18, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #1,936 of 4,317
A sublime combo that must be auditioned, DUNU Luna and DMP Z1.

IMG_1890.jpg

Jul 20, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #1,938 of 4,317
Don’t be confused, many other SONY have DSEE-HX.

The DMP-Z1 has a unique set of DSEE-HX. It has the AI to do a higher processing steps and apply different methods to the sound rather than WM1Z/A, and other Walkmans, they are optional , you have to pick between percussion, vocal, strings....etc...according to that linked interview, this was a move to preserve battery
Thank you, that confirmed what I said. The DSEE-HX are the same name for many devices, on A series and even Xperia smartphones are only the Standard one (still no option). The one on DMP-Z1 is Unique. It utilize more of the AI to analyze and apply different techniques in digital processing toward different types of instruments. Instead of choosing standard, percussion, female vocal, male vocals , string modes (like WM signature series) , you get them all automatically here on Z1, the WM Walkman had to have those as optional due to battery consumption

Can you please confirm the battery consumption with and without DSEE HX on Z1 ? It should consume a lot more when On

Also, I was wrong when I thought DSEE is Oversampling...it isn’t. There is no different Oversampling methods, only different rates. I now think , DSEE is more like using different set of algorithm, noise shaping, digital techniques, and filtering toward different analyzed and categorized frequencies/types by the AI....the Modulator is AKM VelVet Sound.

I wonder if this AI would be used in Sony Next S-Master

Actually, I can confirm that A50 and DMP-Z1 both use the exact same type of Dsee HX AI.

Internally, it's named only Dsee AI.

Sony is gonna release the new WH-1000XM4 headphones with the same feature, Dsee AI.

Jul 20, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #1,940 of 4,317
How is the aggressiveness of the process ? Are there differences ?

Unless there is something more somewhere, which I didn't notice yet, it should be the same.

This being the same on A55 and DMP-Z1 doesn't sound bad to me. In the end it's about how good the players sound.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #1,941 of 4,317
Unless there is something more somewhere, which I didn't notice yet, it should be the same.

This being the same on A55 and DMP-Z1 doesn't sound bad to me. In the end it's about how good the players sound.
Is there a way to up it processing level ? Would be nice. Sony mentioned that they did lower the processing down to optimize batteries usage, and that is why I wonder

Jul 20, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #1,942 of 4,317
Is there a way to up it processing level ? Would be nice. Sony mentioned that they did lower the processing down to optimize batteries usage, and that is why I wonder

Unfortunately I can't. You would have to rebuild it from the source, which of course, only Sony has it.

Maybe they just optimized the process so it just won't require as much processing power.

Jul 21, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #1,943 of 4,317
I love the DMP Z1 EM too much!!! It is everything that DMP is and elevated further in each aspects, with the exception that the vertical height and depth of staging, dynamic are even more expansive, authoritative and punchy !!
Hands down the best possible solution for compact and carriable Player that can drive headphones such as 800S.

I love 800S a lot and I really have no desire to go with others, mine is internally wires upgraded. But non the less, I love it ways too much!!

Also, the DMP can be modified to have a line out using additional 4.4mm Balanced out. But why would I want that when headphones out from 4.4mm can also do the wonderful job at it.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #1,944 of 4,317
Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #1,945 of 4,317
I love the DMP Z1 EM too much!!! It is everything that DMP is and elevated further in each aspects, with the exception that the vertical height and depth of staging, dynamic are even more expansive, authoritative and punchy !!
Hands down the best possible solution for compact and carriable Player that can drive headphones such as 800S.

I love 800S a lot and I really have no desire to go with others, mine is internally wires upgraded. But non the less, I love it ways too much!!

Also, the DMP can be modified to have a line out using additional 4.4mm Balanced out. But why would I want that when headphones out from 4.4mm can also do the wonderful job at it.
What does the EM refer to?

Aug 5, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #1,946 of 4,317
Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #1,949 of 4,317
I am impressed by the Van Nuys, very thick padding’s all around, can be configured in different ways, and very solid. The paddings are so thick that it feels like even upon dropped on a hard pavement, the player would still survive just fine. Everything is accessible, straps hooks are available for shoulder or back pack strap on
969C5643-E89F-4DC5-AD30-8E46F559E4BE.jpeg434D3334-F3E1-4308-8B37-CD256EB00CD4.jpeg81502111-DB59-4F47-A942-A9910149FC33.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back