Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Oct 30, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #1,441 of 4,333
That’s why I suggest Sony to enable the USB C port to work with any in coming digital signal from Streaming devices.

?? Do you mean that today, you cannoy input digital through the USB Port ?

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #1,443 of 4,333
DMP can act as External USB-DAC, and also Bluetooth DAC, and that is why itself, doesn’t need Streaming capability

Hmmm. There are a large number of us on the Naim 2 channel forum who own the WM1Z. While we are all thrilled with the sound all of us agree that its performance as a USB DAC is slightly inferior to playback from the internal memory/memory card.

So I’m not sure I agree with the statement above. Yes - playback from streaming services is possible - however it does have room for improvement.

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #1,444 of 4,333
Hmmm. There are a large number of us on the Naim 2 channel forum who own the WM1Z. While we are all thrilled with the sound all of us agree that its performance as a USB DAC is slightly inferior to playback from the internal memory/memory card.

So I’m not sure I agree with the statement above. Yes - playback from streaming services is possible - however it does have room for improvement.

there isn’t “perfection” in this world, simply have to accept that and learn to compromise.
Yes, you can stream to discover new album and tracks, but you can also buy it and store on a device for the best performances. I do that too, and I do it on an IPhone with AirPod....and there is a new Pro coming out.

it would blow my mind when people buy the DMP-Z1 to simply enjoy High-res streaming...period. Especially when even MicroSD card can affect the performances, and you can have 2TB of storage

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #1,445 of 4,333
there isn’t “perfection” in this world, simply have to accept that and learn to compromise.
Yes, you can stream to discover new album and tracks, but you can also buy it and store on a device for the best performances. I do that too, and I do it on an IPhone with AirPod....and there is a new Pro coming out.

it would blow my mind when people buy the DMP-Z1 to simply enjoy High-res streaming...period. Especially when even MicroSD card can affect the performances, and you can have 2TB of storage

That is exactly what I do though, I bought Z1 for streaming. But I got no complaints so far.

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #1,446 of 4,333
Oct 31, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #1,448 of 4,333
Oct 31, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #1,450 of 4,333
Oct 31, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #1,451 of 4,333
Hi,
From your Sig, you have Sony WF1000XM3.
Can you compare the new Apple and Sony?
Thanks.

new airpod pros win hands down

music wise cause i like bass more the Sennheiser momentum has little more bass -- but these more even for all around listening. So win as best true wireless out there. If Sennheiser were better on calls (and connectivity being better on airpods with iphone) it would be as big of a win
and stay put!

But ANC is crazy good - and the pluses of airpods ( good on calls and pairing/ connectivity 2nd to none

Oct 31, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #1,452 of 4,333
new airpod pros win hands down

music wise cause i like bass more the Sennheiser momentum has little more bass -- but these more even for all around listening. So win as best true wireless out there. If Sennheiser were better on calls (and connectivity being better on airpods with iphone) it would be as big of a win
and stay put!

But ANC is crazy good - and the pluses of airpods ( good on calls and pairing/ connectivity 2nd to none
Hi,
Thank you. Seems like the new Apple cost is on par with Sony.
For me, I never like something white color dangling from the ears down. Seems like Apple like to design something for customers to advertise their annoying products.
I have the Sony.
My son tried to fit the Sony but not comfortable for him. Maybe, I will get the Apple for him this Christmas.

One more thing to ask from you. How is the fit vs Sony?
Is Apple easier to fit than Sony? Thanks again.

Oct 31, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #1,453 of 4,333
I was an early adopter of the Sony however I ultimately returned them due to comfort and fit. The sound was quite good - the ANC less so due to the inability to get a good seal - even using 3rd party tips.

Received my AirPods Pro yesterday. Apple has another Blockbuster product on their hands!

Oct 31, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #1,454 of 4,333
Quick question. Does anyone know how the DMP-Z1 does with the Susvara?

Oct 31, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #1,455 of 4,333
My A&K sp1000 was considered new when I bought it, and now the sp2000 is out.
The first time I heard the dmp-z1 I was impressed with sound quality; build quality too. I few choices left me scratching my head like 256 gb storage for a very expensive machine, but I learned over this hobby that everyone excepts tiny storage space. I still want this giant dap, but it’s a steep price if another one is coming.

If you already have an sp1000 I would recommend maybe the Hugo TT2. It has a much more powerful amp than the z1 and imo a better dac section. You can feed it with the sp1000 too all that the sp1000 is missing is roon integration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back