Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Jul 25, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #2,386 of 4,318
Is there any audio lag on the DMP-Z1 if you use it in usb dac mode connected to a PC and play videos via YouTube for example?
Yes. Pictures and voice will not sync. In the manual it mentioned this because Sony prioritized audio as number one.

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #2,388 of 4,318
Yes. Pictures and voice will not sync. In the manual it mentioned this because Sony prioritized audio as number one.
That's strange .. with my Dell Win 10pro laptop ... I use a Sony WM1A as USB-C dac and also watch TV or Films without any issue (even in Bluetooth) it' correctly synced.

Jul 26, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #2,389 of 4,318
Hello,

The stock DMP-Z1 firmware has received a fix, that will allow it show all album cover images.

If you're not familiar with the issue, the firmware will only display baseline JPEG images, or non interlaced PNG ones as album covers. With this fix, all types of JPEG and PNG images will now be shown.

You can download this modified stock fimware here: CLICK

Enjoy!

Note: Before aNyOnE will say "But wait MrWalkman, you said you cannot mod firmwares without owning the device.", this fix doesn't need experimenting/testing, and it's risk free. Thanks for your understanding.
Hello MrWalkman,

can you tell me how to installed your modified firmware via mac? I downloaded your firmwared via the link you provided and there are two versions of the firmware. I unzipped the file but there is no "update tool" only the .exe file and my macbook pro cannot open or do anything with it. Does your firmware only works on windows?

thank you!

Jul 27, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #2,390 of 4,318
Well……that’s the final space used up in my TV cabinet……

Attachments

• 777919C3-6CAB-4BC4-B28F-206C4EA90682.jpeg
    777919C3-6CAB-4BC4-B28F-206C4EA90682.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jul 27, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #2,395 of 4,318
Frankly, I don't remember if one was included. The manual usually lists what is in the box, but I don't recall if one was included. And I put the box in storage, so I can't check. Sorry.

Thanks. I have a feeling I’d read somewhere that someone had said it wasn’t included. Is any USB - C cable suitable ? I obviously can’t transfer onto internal storage without one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back