OFFICIAL: Second Annual Northern NJ Meet 2009 - July 25
Jul 24, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #196 of 228
I will not be able to attend, if anyone woud be interested in a mini meet of sorts in a few weeks let me know. Sorry about the late notice as well.

Matt

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #198 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn. I wish this could be moved to tomorrow. Everyone's cancelling!

Ummm, it is tomorrow?
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #203 of 228
Hrmm...don't have a mix or anything but I'll bring in a box full of CDs. Mostly rock and alternative rock stuff. I got trance music in my X5L as well.

Jul 25, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #205 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man everyone is canceling
frown.gif

Heres my meet mix
smily_headphones1.gif

2009-07-24_1836.png

Mostly DCC/MFSL stuff

This is a great mix!
tongue_smile.gif
Can you make me a copy?

Thanks, Neal

Jul 25, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #207 of 228
Gear list (Traveling Light except for the Cary,Heavy son of a bi**h)

Modded Cary300sei
Philips SACD 1000
PS audio quintet for power
Grado Hp1
Senn HD650 silver dragon
audioquest amazon interconnects

Jul 25, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #208 of 228
Oh man, sorry to hear you guys can't make it. We'll see you next year, I'm sure!

For everyone else, get pumped! Only 10 hours or so until the meet!

Jul 25, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #209 of 228
Matt and Craig -- you will both be missed. But there WILL be a 3rd annual!

Tom and Dave -- I'll personally be sure you get "little room" space, you guys are the Head-Fi real deal (at least for me, I wouldn't be here without you two).

I'll have blank CDs too, have a dozen on more left on the current spindle. And custom cut-to-length Velcro one-wrap for your portable rigs and cable wraps, plus 100% hardwood maple blocks (I'd like a buck -- look what Mapleshade charges! -- for each, but will trade for music) that make fantastic isolation stands.

AND GET THIS -- the Tube Imp tester I ordered from the UK arrived! We can match pairs of 12AU7's and 12AX7's etc. Bring 'em on! Of course I have no idea how to use this thing, and will be looking for help. Have the manual.

Plus Matt promised to help me roll the OpAmp in my EF-1 ... and other projects ... so looking for volunteers. Will pay in maple and more velcro.

I will have my new micro system as described previously -- the custom rack arrived and it is fantastic, 2" thick wood, brass footers, the works,

I might also pack the balanced rig: the QES fed by DAC-1 ... maybe the new Shandling CD as a transport: S/PDIF into the DAC-1, balanced into the QES, plus 600-ohm beyers (Matt wanted to use the Shandling, but now ...).

A power conditioner or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back