Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Jan 27, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #1,801 of 3,702
Let me ask my question a different way.

For those of you with a Vali 2 that are using Sennheiser HD 650 headphones, what gain setting are you using?

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #1,807 of 3,702
Yep, I've got a Gold Lion 6922 tube on the way to compare to the stock and Electro Harmonix tubes. I hear the Vali 2 doesn't change as much as some other tube amps with tube rolling but it's an inexpensive experiment and should be fun, nonetheless. I'm really liking what I'm hearing from the Electro Harmonix tube I've got in there now, though. It's very smooth and detailed while retaining the kind of richness and warmth tubes are known for. 

Do you notice any difference between the stock canadian tube and Elec Harmonix 6922
Just wondering if its worth getting the 6922EH. If not, then i'd like to jump up to something that makes a difference

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #1,808 of 3,702
Hello,

Near question : a good tube (max 30$/€) to drive an he-500 ?

smile_phones.gif

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #1,809 of 3,702
Do you notice any difference between the stock canadian tube and Elec Harmonix 6922
Just wondering if its worth getting the 6922EH. If not, then i'd like to jump up to something that makes a difference

Honestly, I haven't done any comparisons between the two yet. I didn't even take the stock tube out of the box. Based on what I read before the Vali arrived, the EH6922 is better than the stock tube in just about every way so I didn't even try it, I immediately rolled in the EH6922. That said, I was going to wait until I had the Genalex Gold Lion tube in hand before I did any serious comparisons between the three, and that should be in sometime next week with any luck. 

Jan 28, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #1,810 of 3,702
Honestly, I haven't done any comparisons between the two yet. I didn't even take the stock tube out of the box. Based on what I read before the Vali arrived, the EH6922 is better than the stock tube in just about every way so I didn't even try it, I immediately rolled in the EH6922. That said, I was going to wait until I had the Genalex Gold Lion tube in hand before I did any serious comparisons between the three, and that should be in sometime next week with any luck. 

Thanks, look forward for your impressions

Jan 30, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #1,811 of 3,702
Hello everyone!

I am currently planning on getting a Schiit Mani and a Vali 2 for listening to records on my Project Debut Carbon DC turntable with a Ortofon 2M Red cartridge. I'm using the Audio Technica ATH-M50x. I like the sound to be a little on the warmer site, bass doesn't have to be overwhelming though. Would this setup work out for that or would I risk that the sound is too bright with those components? 
Thans very much in advance for advice!

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #1,812 of 3,702
  Hello everyone!

I am currently planning on getting a Schiit Mani and a Vali 2 for listening to records on my Project Debut Carbon DC turntable with a Ortofon 2M Red cartridge. I'm using the Audio Technica ATH-M50x. I like the sound to be a little on the warmer site, bass doesn't have to be overwhelming though. Would this setup work out for that or would I risk that the sound is too bright with those components? 

Both the Magni and Vali are amplifiers.  Did you mean the Modi?

Jan 30, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #1,815 of 3,702
  Hello everyone!

I have All of these (Except your TT and Cart) I Just never used them together. The Mani Does not sound bright to me. The ATHM50x's are not what I would call bright Either. The Vali 2 Will change based on the Tube You use and your cartridge can change the sound signature as well. This would be the two things that could have the biggest effect. The 2M red is a Well regarded Entry Level MM cartridge, If it were me I would hunt down a tube that is on the warmer side because Swapping a Tube out is a lot easier and in general cheaper than a Cartridge. that is Unless you do not like your cartridge.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back