1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by inseconds99, Dec 11, 2015.
First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
  1. Shane D
    I agree totally. I might buy a cheap tube or two. Or maybe one better $45.00 tube.
    After that, if I was still a big fan, time to get a Lyr 3.

Shane D

exdmd, Mr Trev and senorx12562 like this.
  2. Keno18
    But you don't have to spend that much. Get recommdations from the threads, like a recommendation for a 6sn7 type which has a very strong history. I did that with the Tung-Sol 6sn7gt mouse ears, they fit my budget and sonic requirements. So I stocked up have about 5 years worth for a nice consistent sound for the long haul. Don't buy willy-nilly, Do research first.

3. Mr Trev
    That's a pretty good idea, and one I've pretty much adopted - except I have more than a tube or 2…:wink:
    Personally, I find there's a much bigger difference switching between tube families - say going from a 6dj8 to a 6cg7, than trying to compare different 6dj8s. Get a good example (or 2) of each family, and most importantly, don't spend more on a tube than you did for the amp.

4. Shane D
    I would not go much over $50.00. Maybe $75.00, but I doubt it.

Shane D

5. Shane D
    Same set-up today except that the Liquid Spark was replaced by a Burson Fun-Classic.

V2 has more bass than the Burson and sounds a bit livelier. I was running many Trombone Shorty songs (in AAC).

I am again impressed. At least initially.

Shane D

senorx12562 likes this.
  6. tafens
    Different brands in the same family can make a difference as well, I’m sure @bcowen can fill you in on the sonic qualities of GE tubes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

bcowen likes this.
  7. Mr Trev
    I try not to mention GE around him. I'd hate to have his head explode…

bcowen and tafens like this.
  8. bcowen
    LOL! GE's are easy to describe: meh. That's the only one-word description I can come up with that the forum won't convert into ****. :relaxed:

tafens likes this.
  9. bcowen
    Your consideration is greatly appreciated. And will certainly result in less risk of a gross mess. :smile:

Mr Trev likes this.
  10. Mr Trev
    Hey, it's the least I could do…:beerchug:

bcowen likes this.
First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178