Official Progressive Metal Thread (Metal/Djent/instrumental/jazz/fusion)
Nov 16, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #470 of 549
I have worn out Haken's 1984. Love that synth intro. Such a good band overall. I didn't get as into Virus, though...
That's cool. Initially I didn't either, than REALLY listened to it. They're incredible, every song, every cd/album while always pushing the boundaries. That's what virus is to me.......at least now.

Nov 20, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #473 of 549
This is the most unusual band I've ever seen or heard. A cross between Beneath the Buried and Me and Native Construct. Once you think you know what genre they are, forget it. The lead singer/guitarist is EXTREMELY wacked out but has mad talent. I actually think this guy is insane and puts his music to paper during his mental breakdowns. I'm still trying to decide if I hate them or think they're killer. I'm leaning towards?........still don't know. They're worth at least a listen. Here's 2 songs.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #474 of 549
I know this doesn't belong here, but let's see if there's any older prog metal people who can still get into this. Dino is so over the top great with his vocals. He's a freak of nature.

Nov 21, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #475 of 549
Guys. Do your best to listen to this all the way through. The beginnings a bit tough. You will either be very rewarded afterward, or you're going to want to shower then go to church right away. This is the strangest band I've ever heard, bar none. Try.................

Nov 29, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #478 of 549
I discovered Animals As Leaders in a round about way by watching the No Cover show with Tosin Abasi on the panel. That lead me to track down the T.R.A.M. project release featuring Adrian Terrazas (The Mars Volta), Javier Reyes (Animals As Leaders), Tosin Abasi (Animals As Leaders) and Eric Moore (Suicidal Tendencies). This release is great and worth checking out. I hope they do more!

71l9sdl+cAL._SY355_.jpg

Dec 10, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #479 of 549
This thread is basically dead. Not a lot coming out. OK, here's my prog/prog metal playlist on Spotify, has over 300 tracks. There's gotta be stuff you've never heard before. This only posts the first 100 tracks. If you are interested in the other 200+, click on the little earthlike Spotify emblem top right corner. Then, it's set up by artist. Leave it or change to custom order which is the way I use and listen to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back