Official NYC spring meet 2012 impression thread
Jun 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #31 of 121
Thanks for the great event! It really enjoyed getting to put faces to avatars. I definitely added to the list of things I MUST have but also got to cross some things off. I don't know who had the HE-6 and Coda amp setup but just wanted to say that it was really outstanding. Somehow I completely missed the auction which has me a bit bummed, but oh well. Was it run later in the day (I left a bit early) or did I just overlook it?

See you guys next time!

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #32 of 121
Quote:
Thanks for the great event! It really enjoyed getting to put faces to avatars. I definitely added to the list of things I MUST have but also got to cross some things off. I don't know who had the HE-6 and Coda amp setup but just wanted to say that it was really outstanding. Somehow I completely missed the auction which has me a bit bummed, but oh well. Was it run later in the day (I left a bit early) or did I just overlook it?

See you guys next time!

Auction was held just after 3pm.

Jun 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #36 of 121
Quote:
It definitely opened my eyes to what I like and dislike and what I wanna focus on as the net part of my audio gear collection grows.

Yeah, for me "vintage" HP-1's and K1000's or new LCD-2/3's - all of which are completely out of my financial realm and was the sad realization I got out of the meet. 
I was a happier man before Saturday :)

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #37 of 121
Quote:

Yeah, for me "vintage" HP-1's and K1000's or new LCD-2/3's - all of which are completely out of my financial realm and was the sad realization I got out of the meet. 

Look on the bright side the LCD2/3 should not get anymore expensive so It something you can possibly get in the future, who knows an LCD-4 may come out and prices for the first two may go down even. I cant say that about the K1000 or HP1000 except try to get them while you can. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #38 of 121
I found out I was really happy with some of my previous purchases actually. Their are tons of things now though that I am excited to be able to have on a day to day basis at some point soon.
Quote:

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #39 of 121

What amp did they run the hp1000s on? Man wish I could have made it, would have brought my hp2i

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #40 of 121
Quote:
What amp did they run the hp1000s on? Man wish I could have made it, would have brought my hp2i

Ivanrocks321 just stopped over to my table - we listened on my 418a "Electric Ave" (my build) and I think they made it over to glowglass' E810F "Veery 51".  John Lee Hooker was Electric - on Fire!

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #41 of 121
Ivanrocks321 just stopped over to my table - we listened on my 418a "Electric Ave" (my build) and I think they made it over to glowglass' E810F "Veery 51".  John Lee Hooker was Electric - on Fire!

The HP1000 was one of my favorites of the day. I really...may be a grado man at heart lol.

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #42 of 121
Quote:
The HP1000 was one of my favorites of the day. I really...may be a grado man at heart lol.

They were amazing. I didn't have that much listen time on them, but they sounded fantastic. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #43 of 121
Quote:

I would have liked to hear those hp2is.

Jun 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #44 of 121
As per usual I had a great time. 

I didnt listen to much gear, but it was awesome to catch up with everyone, and meet new people. The DIYers were out in force which was pretty great. 

I snapped a bunch of pics. 

But first... 
About a week ago I was riding the subway and crossed paths with Ivan! how crazy!

One from on my way to the meet

From the meet:
Im still trying to figure out how to do off-camera flash. Sorry for the sometimes funky shadows. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back