Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Mar 6, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #241 of 405
Quote:
Looking forward to that as well...got a place in mind?

we usually end up at the local diner. it's pretty convenient and there's a large selection on the menu to accomodate a variety of tastes and budgets. not exactly gourmet fare, but it does the job.

Mar 6, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #242 of 405
Really looking forward to this!

Anyone gonna have a Schiit Lyr by any lucky chance?

Mar 6, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #243 of 405
Is there still room for me to setup gear?

I'd would be bringing a Audio-gd NFB12 (as DAC), Woo 6SE and LCD-2's.

Mar 6, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #245 of 405

Quote:

We have 2 rooms. There's more than enough room as long as Mikhail doesn't come 
evil_smiley.gif
 (3 years ago, he took 3 whole tables and didn't even offer anything towards the room). Then again, that was Mikhail.
He's probably in some Turkish prison right now.

Mar 6, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #246 of 405
I haven't been following this thread, but I will try to make the meet. I have something at 4:30 which really means I have to leave at 2:00 if I make the meet. Is the auction going to be at 3:00? I was really psyched for the auction, as it was a blast last time, but there is no way I am leaving any later than 2:00. Anyway, I will try to make it, and will bring my turntable, plenty of records, receiver, damped T50RPs, and a bunch of other stuff if I come.

Mar 6, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #247 of 405
Quote:

Looking forward to it.  I've been curious how the dual WM8741 Audio GD DACs stack up to the single ones like mine.

I wish someone was updating that gear list / wanted d.o.a list!

Mar 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #249 of 405
I would love to come, if I need to be added to some reservation list.  I might not take anything thugh only for the reason I am worried about messing up my new toys. 

If I do work up the courage to bring anything it would be my NFB-2 unless that is already covered.  I also have a halide bridge but the cord is more delicate.

Mar 6, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #250 of 405
Ari: My turntable is a JVC QA F300. Fully automatic and nice. I am sure it is not the best sounding table out there, but it sounds really good to my ears and has definite advantages over digital. I have an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge on it. the Inception soundtrack on vinyl sounds amazing, with a huge dynamic range and very deep and big bass.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #251 of 405
I am sorry to report, but looks like I am not making it to the meet. My aunt's surgery has been moved to 17th so I will have to cover for my uncle at the office. However, I should make it to dinner at around 6pm.

Mar 7, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #254 of 405

Quote:

We have 2 rooms. There's more than enough room as long as Mikhail doesn't come 
evil_smiley.gif
 (3 years ago, he took 3 whole tables and didn't even offer anything towards the room). Then again, that was Mikhail.
He's probably in some Turkish prison right now.

I wasn't around back then, Aaron, but I will require a table...a sizeable one.  That's all I'm going to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back