Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Mar 11, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #361 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I guess all 4 will be easy to get to Saturday night.
wink.gif

While I can not vouch for the two on 4th st, I've been to Barcade on friday night and since it is a converted garage there is usually room in the place. The Tiger after 6pm any night I have gone has had a line out the door.

I'm game for either though

Mar 11, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #362 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scobee Diner on Northern Blvd. for the usual crowd (I don't partake at Bayside family diner anymore, they pissed off my family and their food went downhill).

Scobee is the actually the same distance from the hotel (1 mile), just in the opposite direction (yes Bob, that's actually east and not more west
tongue.gif
).

This will be at 6 pm. Whoever is going to the city, I envy you, but with a car full of stuff and a hungry belly, the diner will be instant gratification.

I remember the Scobee Grill well. I went there pretty regularly as a teenager, and even got into a fight in the parking lot..........my last fight, BTW. :)

Mar 11, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #363 of 402
Have bad back ... don;t know if I will come

If I do, I plan to bring:
- Head-fi HM-801 portable player
- Trafomatic Head-One (new model - currently burning-in)
- PS1000 (currently burning-in)
- AT-M50s

Might as well bring
- RAL Cabled AKG701
- Head-Direct HE-5 with EF-5 Amp

(If my back is good enough - I might bring my TRL modded Battery Modded Sony Player along with PC, IC, etc.)

Cheers
Sunil.

PS: Does anyone need a ride? I'll be driving from Forest Hills 11375 and could use help in carrying gear ...
I might bring some LPs for donations ...

Mar 11, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #364 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I can not vouch for the two on 4th st, I've been to Barcade on friday night and since it is a converted garage there is usually room in the place. The Tiger after 6pm any night I have gone has had a line out the door.

I'm game for either though

Brooklyn works for me.

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #365 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spoke to Ray Samuels yesterday, and he is once again coming, and he will be bringing his new Protector
and a bunch of cables including balanced ones.
He is also bringing his new battery powered, modestly priced F-117 Nighthawk Phono Stage.

Is anyone bringing a turntable to hook this thing up to? I definitely want to hear it.

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #366 of 402
Still trying to finalize... If I can make it from the City I can bring an an HE5 EF5 Combo... but lugging a source like my CAL CL-15 CD player???? (yes, I would bring a power strip and extension regardless)

Hope to see you all regardlerss
o2smile.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #367 of 402
I am not sure if I will be able to attend the entire meet. Actually, I will be happy if I can make it to dinner. Sorry guys, can't take entire day off work
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #368 of 402
I had a CAL CL-15 CDP once.

Bought it at Harveys Electronics. You would need an amp to go along with it, too.

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #369 of 402
The amp - EF5 - I would bring along with the headphones the HE5... I'm am just concerned about the source... I don't think I'll make it to my place in Jersey to bring the HD-650's and Perreaux SXH1
frown.gif
(as that would've been even easier than lugging the CL-15
wink_face.gif
)...

Mar 12, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #371 of 402
It's finalized, I won't be able to make it.
Hope you guys have tons of fun, and hope to see some nice pictures!

Rock on!

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #372 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's finalized, I won't be able to make it.
Hope you guys have tons of fun, and hope to see some nice pictures!

Rock on!

poop
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #375 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heading out in the next 90 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Already on the bus with a sack full of gear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back