Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Feb 23, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #166 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just called up John Grado and asked if we could get a PS1000 to audition for the meet.

ZOMG!

that would be awesome.

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #167 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a way to take the subway to the meet or would I have to rent a car?

Theres a LIRR station (Bayside Stop, Port Washington Line) about 10-15 mins walk away from the meet. I live about 1 minute from the station so if you need any directions, feel free to ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Menace is the main amp I want to listen to and since I am bringing two sources maybe I should drop the RTR and Repro amp as they are big.

I think once the gear list gets formalized it will be obvious to those that have been in this room numerous times if there might be an issue. Then maybe we talk about removing gear but I doubt it comes to that.

I think we can spare some space for the RTR!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #168 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps I should leave the Menace at home? That rig would, unfortunately, probable eat the better part of a table. It does not stack well.
redface.gif

We could hang chains from the ceiling!

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #169 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We could hang chains from the ceiling!

As another thought, there are always the akward corner spaces, where nobody can really put anything because of inaccesability.

We could make an exception to the "no reserved tables" trend, and reserve this awkward and often wasted space for Nate. The PSU goes in the corner because nobody needs to spin knobs or put CDs in it, and the amp and CD player go out towards the center of the table. WOOT! less wasted space, more better-er gear!

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #171 of 507
I like the idea that I am the perfect fit for wasted space.
smily_headphones1.gif

And Ari, I'll see about a table-top rack setup. I had actually considered something like that but I was not sure anyone else would understand the insanity. I apologize for having underestimated you.

I've also put feelers out to a couple of manufacturers/MOTs about attending the meet. If I hear any news I'll post it.

Feb 23, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #172 of 507
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

We could spin it:
You are the only head-fier capable of using otherwise unusable space. Your efficient use of table-space offsets your systems electrical draw
very_evil_smiley.gif

The heat thrown by your amp also serves to offset the fuel costs for the hotel! Such a nice guy.
Quote:

And Ari, I'll see about a table-top rack setup. I had actually considered something like that but I was not sure anyone else would understand the insanity. I apologize for having underestimated you.

Thats all the room I've got in my system for amps and sources. It was a really ugly scene for the time between when I got a TT and when I built the rack.

Feb 23, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #173 of 507
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

I've also put feelers out to a couple of manufacturers/MOTs about attending the meet. If I hear any news I'll post it.

Hi Nate

Do you know if Ian is coming too?

USG

Printed Name Tags:
Send Screen Name + Real Name to:
upstateguy01@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #174 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
someone mentioned they will/may bring an HE90/HEV90.

we def need to make room for that!

Pure Crap, just let the guy squeeze in somewhere and save the decent space for a really white pair of apple buds......................

Feb 24, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #175 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Nate

Do you know if Ian is coming too?

USG

I'll point him to thread, he hasn't been around HF much lately.

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #177 of 507
Looking at the list I don't see too many vendors.

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #178 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've spoken with both Justin and Tyll about the meet so they are aware and looking into whether or not it's possible for them to attend. I'll drop Craig (Eddie Current) a line this week and make sure he knows it's happening. I'm sure someone has told Ray and I'd be shocked if he didn't show up. The guys from Woo are usually in for NY meets too. Who else would people like to see?

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #179 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the first page lists 4 vendors plus ray usually comes, which is 5.

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #180 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the first page lists 4 vendors plus ray usually comes, which is 5.

Sorry, I guess I missed that. Looking at SiBurning's page I only picked up Woo Audio. Thanks for pointing it out.

Woo
Moon
Red Wine
Head-Direct

That's a pretty good showing.

I do hope Ray can make it.

And of course it would be a pleasure to have HeadAmp and HeadRoom there. Then we'd have all the heads in one room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back