Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Mar 8, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #286 of 507
I'm hoping to hear some new stuff.

My wish list consists of the Amphora and the obvious entries (HD800's/PS1000's).

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #287 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm hoping to hear some new stuff.

My wish list consists of the Amphora and the obvious entries (HD800's/PS1000's).

Yes, agreed, I am really looking forward to these cans, especially the HD800. I am really curious to hear if Senn has attempted to make the HD800 the "best of both worlds" in terms of dynamics and stats.

I'm going to try to spend some more time with DIY amps, too.

And I'm already out of time because I'll be gabbing it up most of the time since, let's face it, we're the (mostly) male equivalent of a tupperware party.
smily_headphones1.gif

The Zen hour is a great idea for this reason.

Mar 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #288 of 507
Hi, please direct me, or PM me if I've missed something, but it seems from the map there is no real feasable Public Transportation to this hotel. I live on the upper East side of Manhattan. Is there any link for carpools, or a way to hitch a ride?
I Realllly want to attend, dare I say NEED to?
PS, I don't take up much space (often just 2/3rds of a seat on the subway), and am very clean for an audiophile (no B-O).

Mar 9, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #289 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by billyearle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and am very clean for an audiophile (no B-O).

Wait, does that mean most audiophiles have BO?

Mar 9, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #290 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, does that mean most audiophiles have BO?

Well I hope not! I certainly don't!

-Ed

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #291 of 507
As far as listening strategies go, I'm going to try and compare my headphones, primarlily the MD5000 DE and SA5000, in my system to them in other systems. At previous meets I just went around to individual rigs and listened with whatever headphones the owner had hooked up. This has given me a variety of listening experiences, but not any meaningful comparisons, since I was introducing too many variables.

Currently, I'm surprisingly happy with the Little Dot MKIII. I really viewed this amp as my first, but brief stop, in the long journey of tube amp ownership. I'm sure this isn't going to be my last tube amp, but I'm not really feeling that compelled to take the next step. A Woo amp would be nice though.

What I really need is a good, mid-priced solid state amp to compliment my MD5000 DE.

I've been contemplating a source upgrade too, but I think I'd have to spend significantly more to see meaningful improvements. I'm with you on this though Vincent. A meet is probably not the best place to make source comparisons. Plus, to really get an idea of what the source is contributing I think you have to use the rest of your components.

Mar 9, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #292 of 507
Will there be any meet over the summer? say between May and July? NY meets got all the good stuff!

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #293 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by billyearle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, please direct me, or PM me if I've missed something, but it seems from the map there is no real feasable Public Transportation to this hotel. I live on the upper East side of Manhattan. Is there any link for carpools, or a way to hitch a ride?

There is mucho feasible Public Transport to the hotel.

The 7 subway line runs to Flushing, Main Street and then it's a 1/2 hour bus ride to the Adria.

Your nicest and easiest route would be to head to Penn Station and take the LIRR Port Washington Branch to Bayside. It is a 15 minute walk from the train station or a $5 cab ride.

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #294 of 507
My Father has started hospice care, so depending on where his situation is I may not be able to make the meet. As of now I'm still in, but....

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #295 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Father has started hospice care, so depending on where his situation is I may not be able to make the meet. As of now I'm still in, but....

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say I'm very sorry to hear this. Family comes first. Although you will be greatly missed if you can't make it, it is more than understandable. I hope your father will be as comfortable as possible and that the situation is not too difficult for you and your family.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #296 of 507
Mar 10, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #298 of 507
Billyearle- Just take the LIRR Port Washington Line to the Bayside Queens LIRR Station. From there walk to Northern BLVD- about 4 or 5 Blocks and then walk East on Northern BlVD to the Ramada. I also live on the Upper East Side. Scottsmrnyc

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #299 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for you and your father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back