Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Mar 10, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #301 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just for you Ari...

medium.jpg

Interesting. Can you divulge the dimensions?
popcorn.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #303 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listens2tubes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. Can you divulge the dimensions?
popcorn.gif

Sure - the shelves are 24" wide and 15-3/4" deep. I started with a quarter sheet of plywood (24 x 48) and cut it in thirds, no magic there. The bolts are spaced 1-1/2" from the edge so that I have plenty of clear space between them for even 19" wide rack-mount equipment.

Ethan, sorry to hear about your father's illness. Like Aaron I hope he's resting comfortably.

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #304 of 507
Yikes/Ethan: sorry to hear about yoru father, I hope he is comfortable.

Nate has outdone himself. He calls himself a round hole cutter tech but even I can cut a round hole... He can cut a square one.

Mar 10, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #305 of 507
One quick question: is the plan still to have the room open at 10am for setup? I'm just trying to negotiate departure times with the boss.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #306 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out the new Grado:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ps1...ipping-413670/

Looks purdy

Did bozebuttons say he was getting a pair from John Grado?

I will give John a call at the end of the week to see about getting a pair for the meet,as they seem to be shipping now.

Sorry to hear about your Dad ethan.

I am thinking of bringing my Zana & Level 5 Vacuam state electronics DVP9000es player.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #307 of 507
Nate, tell your boss that I will be opening the doors by 9:30. We have a generous open-door policy.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #308 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nate, tell your boss that I will be opening the doors by 9:30. We have a generous open-door policy.

When I asked if I could leave earlier she said she was going to crush me like this doll...

medium.jpg

She's the real Menace!

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #309 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will give John a call at the end of the week to see about getting a pair for the meet,as they seem to be shipping now.

Sorry to hear about your Dad ethan.

I am thinking of bringing my Zana & Level 5 Vacuam state electronics DVP9000es player.

Ethan, I echo all the sentiments and well wishes expressed about your dad.

Tom, I would like to hear that setup.
wink.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #311 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by billyearle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, please direct me, or PM me if I've missed something, but it seems from the map there is no real feasable Public Transportation to this hotel. I live on the upper East side of Manhattan. Is there any link for carpools, or a way to hitch a ride?
I Realllly want to attend, dare I say NEED to?
PS, I don't take up much space (often just 2/3rds of a seat on the subway), and am very clean for an audiophile (no B-O).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, does that mean most audiophiles have BO?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I hope not! I certainly don't!

-Ed

Hey, sorry if I offended anyone with the above B-O remark. Naively, I never thought anyone would take that seriously, and took my cue from the primer in this thread emphasizing cleanliness. (P.S. my wife says I'm lying about having no B-O
tongue.gif
.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is mucho feasible Public Transport to the hotel.

The 7 subway line runs to Flushing, Main Street and then it's a 1/2 hour bus ride to the Adria.

Your nicest and easiest route would be to head to Penn Station and take the LIRR Port Washington Branch to Bayside. It is a 15 minute walk from the train station or a $5 cab ride.

Thanks, and thanks ScottsmrNYC for directions. Again I am embarassed about my pathetic lack of ability in getting around
redface.gif
, I really don't get out much. The only time I've taken the LIRR is when my wife dragged me to her friend's house and I would just follow her with my head down and day-dream about other things rather than pay attention to where I was going
normal_smile .gif
(hope somebody out there can relate to that one).
Please count me officially "IN". I'll be there. I'll re-read the primer, but I know to bring a power strip and clean my ears and person. I plan to bring my O2s and Headphile Purple Heart woodied and recabled CD3000s.

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #312 of 507
okay for gear, i'm keeping it simple. last meet i brought my stat rig, so this time it will be dynamics.

source: G08
amp: B52
headphones: HD600 / HD650 / K701 / RS1

all phones are balanced.

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #313 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by billyearle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, sorry if I offended anyone with the above B-O remark. Naively, I never thought anyone would take that seriously, and took my cue from the primer in this thread emphasizing cleanliness. (P.S. my wife says I'm lying about having no B-O
tongue.gif
.)...

ksc75smile.gif
relax, no biggie; I was totally kidding too.
wink.gif

-Ed

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #315 of 507
I am sorry to hear about your Father and wish you well. I know just how hard that is as my Mother went into Hospice and they did a really nice job for my Mother. It made it much better for everyone. My prayers are with you and your Father.

Steven / Displayman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back