Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Mar 5, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #256 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
senn was kind enough to return none of my emails offering to pay a DEPOSIT to borrow a set from their demo fleet.

did you email/pm the senn guy from the HD800 thread. maybe have better luck there (at least in getting a response).

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #257 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you email/pm the senn guy from the HD800 thread. maybe have better luck there (at least in getting a response).

Yeppo, a couple of them.

John W got back to me in a couple hours, and pointed me in the direction of one of the American salespeople. he never got back to me from there.

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #259 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeppo, a couple of them.

John W got back to me in a couple hours, and pointed me in the direction of one of the American salespeople. he never got back to me from there.

I'm working my industry contacts as well.
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #261 of 507
Just looked at that list for the first time and see that someone else is bringing their Benchmark DAC1 w/out USB input. Considering that, should I bring mine too? It's the same, old black model with no USB input.

I guess I'll also bring along my laptop which is loaded with foobar2000 and various lossless FLAC music.

Btw, this is so key:

dannyandelyse
  1. some low end crap
hahaha!

-Ed

Mar 6, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #262 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just looked at that list for the first time and see that someone else is bringing their Benchmark DAC1 w/out USB input. Considering that, should I bring mine too? It's the same, old black model with no USB input.

I guess I'll also bring along my laptop which is loaded with foobar2000 and various lossless FLAC music.

Btw, this is so key:

dannyandelyse
  1. some low end crap
hahaha!

-Ed

Bring it.

Mar 6, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #265 of 507
Quote:

Btw, this is so key:

dannyandelyse
  1. some low end crap
hahaha!

-Ed

Yeah, that Orpheus really is a piece of junk, isn't it.

Mar 6, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #266 of 507
Can you tell me if I can bring a couple of guests to the meet who are not Headfi members? Perhaps I might bring 2 or 3 people. Unfortunately, I won't know until the last minute. We are not against the idea of paying a fee$ to enter. If a fee is required, what might we expect to pay per person? Thanks Scottsmrnyc

Mar 6, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #267 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottsmrnyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you tell me if I can bring a couple of guests to the meet who are not Headfi members? Perhaps I might bring 2 or 3 people. Unfortunately, I won't know until the last minute. We are not against the idea of paying a fee$ to enter. If a fee is required, what might we expect to pay per person? Thanks Scottsmrnyc

I'd love to give you a straight answer, but it'd just spoil everyone's fun.

Mar 6, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #268 of 507
You could always have them log on and post once to say hi and then they're members. Kinda silly to put them through that, yes? Just fill them in on how to treat equipment and to be relatively quiet (at least at Zen time) and what not. If you want, have them read the FAQ on the gear page. It's also doubtful we'll be passing a hat. Haven't seen that in 2 years.

Mar 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #269 of 507
Quote:

Btw, this is so key:

dannyandelyse
  1. some low end crap
hahaha!

-Ed

Hey! I just report what people post.

Definitely bring yours if you can. We're often short a source or two, and a DAC is usually close enough. I'm bringing one with usb input.

Mar 6, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #270 of 507
Okay thanks for the information about bring my friends. I will try and have them become a member of Headfi first. Scottsmrnyc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back