Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Dec 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #62 of 566
Quote:
I'll be there AFAIK. If someone needs a ride I am happy to give a lift to anyone. I live near the JFK Airport.

Same here...I'm in Maspeth Queens.

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #63 of 566
For the people who are bringing amp and dac do they leave their equipments by itself if the user is going to audition gears in other area?

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #65 of 566
Quote:
For the people who are bringing amp and dac do they leave their equipments by itself if the user is going to audition gears in other area?

Usually, yes.

One year (about 2 years ago) we had a guy who insisted on putting the headphones on your head for you.  Definitely not worth bringing gear if you're that paranoid*.  (You in general.)  

*Unless you're bringing HE-90s.  I will let you put them on my head for me.  

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #66 of 566
Whoever wishes to place HE-90's on my head is also welcomed and encouraged to do so.....
Quote:

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #67 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxvc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One year (about 2 years ago) we had a guy who insisted on putting the headphones on your head for you.  Definitely not worth bringing gear if you're that paranoid*.  (You in general.)  

My Focal Spirit Ones are one of those small & tight full-sized headphones (full-sized on hobbits maybe), and plastic makes a scary crack if one opens them too wide to put them on.  I can relate to where the person must have been coming from.  I kinda expect those headphones are going back home with me in two pieces from the meet actually.  But no, I won't be placing them on people's heads in risk of it.  :p

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #68 of 566
Just explain it to people and show them. People were really nice at the last meet and I don;t see any reason they wouldn't take a little care if you mentioned something.
Quote:

My Focal Spirit Ones are one of those small & tight full-sized headphones (full-sized on hobbits maybe), and plastic makes a scary crack if one opens them too wide to put them on.  I can relate to where the person must have been coming from.  I kinda expect those headphones are going back home with me in two pieces from the meet actually.  But no, I won't be placing them on people's heads in risk of it.  :p

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #69 of 566
Question for you guys...I've heard of meets where UE has had someone there doing impressions...will they be doing that at the meet?

Dec 13, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #70 of 566
Question for you guys...I've heard of meets where UE has had someone there doing impressions...will they be doing that at the meet?

I haven't been to a meet, myself, but if I'm not mistaken I saw a picture from a prior meet of Dr. Julie Glick taking impressions. She's out of Manhattan (36A 36th Street). She took my impressions and did a great job.

Back to your question, though...don't know whether anyone will be there in April.

Dec 13, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #71 of 566
omega or objective?

edit: it's objective, all i can say is i have a thing for the objective line of products and i would love to hear it!

Custom made Objective

Full O2 with Burr Brown op amp and dualNJM4556 output buffers for 1.2W @32ohms loaded.

Hooked up to a custom made control pcb and then a Cirrus Logic Flagship DAC

This is a test unit i am getting.

Usually, yes.

Same. He may bestow it on my head

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #72 of 566
Pretty sure Dale of Aurisonics knows how to do impressions and if he isn't bringing someone with him would probably happily do the impressions himself if you order a set of his CIEM's that day. I think it's a bit early to be talking about this stuff though. We have two companies that have strong ties to Custom IEM's coming, I'm sure something will be happening to help people get impressions made when purchasing CIEM's from at least one of them.
Quote:

Last meet up UE had an audiologist come to take impressions. Don't remember her name but pretty sure it's the same person you're talking about. When it's a month or two away from the meet up I'm sure we'll know more.

I haven't been to a meet, myself, but if I'm not mistaken I saw a picture from a prior meet of Dr. Julie Glick taking impressions. She's out of Manhattan (36A 36th Street). She took my impressions and did a great job.
Back to your question, though...don't know whether anyone will be there in April.

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #73 of 566
Cool.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #75 of 566
Quote:

Usually, yes.

Just try to get some idea so I don't act little strange in the meeting.

I could bring some gears to the meeting, if someone could give me a lift.

Plan to bring the following equipments:
Eddie Current Super 7 amplifier (anyone is welcoming to bring some tubes to test if they want)
PS Audio Nuwave DAC (incoming)
Sennheiser HD650 w/aftermarket cables (balanced 4pins XLR) in case for if anyone want to test that out.

However, I do want to point out that I don't have a laptop.  If someone is generous enough to bring along a laptop or cd player that will be ideal.

If anyone want me to bring the HRT Music Streamer II+ dac along I could do that as well only if there is interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back