Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Nov 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #16 of 566
Quote:
I'm in.

It looks like enthusiasm for another NJ meet has waned, so The Jersey Boys would like to urge all North Jersey folks to come to this one!

I can drive up to three people  ... leaving from Livingston, NJ.  If you want a ride, and are roughly on the way (I don't mind a bit of a detour), PM me in the new year.

We gave our left-over funds to NJ Food Bank, so we don't have $$$ to contribute, but we'll look for stuff in the basement to sell at the auction to help pay for the room.

Shout out to Woo Audio for all the fantastic support they gave the NJ meets over the years.  Red Wine Audio too.

I used to live 10 mins from Livingston and went over there every weekend to see my cousins. 
gs1000.gif

:)

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #17 of 566
Quote:
Did your work improve as a result?

Absolutely!  Furthermore what I do now is dramatically more demanding and difficult (re-writing all my customer facing code I wrote before Y2K but now using WebService and Google WebToolkit + GXT) and I imagine I couldn't have survived and remained employed the last 1/2 decade if I'd have continued to spend the same time participating on forums.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #22 of 566
Hi Everyone — Mike here with Ultimate Ears. We'll be here for sure. Wouldn't miss it for the world. And for anyone that is reading this post and doesn't know the area, Babylon is an amazing beach town and besides for coming to the event for the friends and gear, it is worth a trip out just for the scenery and the beach. I wish that there could be a beach picnic get-together the next day for anyone who stays over. I'm booking my family vacation around this:wink:

Nov 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #23 of 566
Quote:
Hi Everyone — Mike here with Ultimate Ears. We'll be here for sure. Wouldn't miss it for the world. And for anyone that is reading this post and doesn't know the area, Babylon is an amazing beach town and besides for coming to the event for the friends and gear, it is worth a trip out just for the scenery and the beach. I wish that there could be a beach picnic get-together the next day for anyone who stays over. I'm booking my family vacation around this:wink:

Depending on the weather maybe we can make that happen if there is enough interest.There are some nearby parks as well Belmont state park not to far off.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #24 of 566
Quote:

You may want to do some research and see how hard Babylon's shore was hit by Hurricane Sandy.

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #26 of 566
Its a ways off, but I am going to try to make this. Sadly I can't tell you what I am doing in two weeks, let alone 5 months. Seems like even at an hour and a half away, this is the closest meet to me since the NJ ones stopped. Looking forward to this though.

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #28 of 566
Quote:
You may want to do some research and see how hard Babylon's shore was hit by Hurricane Sandy.

That reminds me I was monitoring the weather stations on Weather Underground and did see 110mph wind gusts in Babylon during the storm.

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #29 of 566
I've never been to a meet and given that I only live in the Bronx, I figure I ought to try to attend!

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #30 of 566
Looking forward to meeting you. I went to the meet in June and I was very happy I did. Lots of people with similar interests. It's a great time had by all.
Quote:
I've never been to a meet and given that I only live in the Bronx, I figure I ought to try to attend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back