Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Dec 29, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #107 of 566
Grand Central station is in Manhattan unless you are asking how to get from the station to the meet location

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #108 of 566
Quote:
IF we are solid/concrete with the date this is happening. I'll lay down my train tickets.

If I arrive at Grand Central Station at 9:44, can anyone tell me what sub way or cheapest way it would be possible to go to Babylon?

The Subway Network seems to stop short of the place.

Let me know 2 hours before you hit Gand Central station ,& I'll drive you out there.-
There might be another head-fier going in my car ,as well?..has not been confirmed..a little early yet
Will try to fill up my car--takes 5 people--huge trunk
Bring CC's,check book,stocks..etc.

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #109 of 566
Quote:
Let me know 2 hours before you hit Gand Central station ,& I'll drive you out there.-
There might be another head-fier going in my car ,as well?..has not been confirmed..a little early yet
Will try to fill up my car--takes 5 people--huge trunk
Bring CC's,check book,stocks..etc.

If that's possible then I would greatly appreciate it.

But I would still need instructions on getting back :) Thanks 

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #110 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IF we are solid/concrete with the date this is happening. I'll lay down my train tickets.
If I arrive at Grand Central Station at 9:44, can anyone tell me what sub way or cheapest way it would be possible to go to Babylon?
The Subway Network seems to stop short of the place.

I see you may have a ride.  But for the record if you or anyone ends-up needing or wanting to use public transport to get there, you would need to take the LI Railroad to get there which leaves from Penn Station, two levels underneath the Madison Square Garden (not to be confused with Amtrak which is one level underneath Madison Square Garden).  You need to take the LIRR train to Babylon, on the Babylon Branch. 

Train Schedules (clcki on Babylon in the list on the right to get the latest):  http://mta.info/lirr/Timetable/
Babylon Branch train schedule: http://mta.info/lirr/Timetable/Branch/BabylonBranch.pdf
(it periodically gets updated when schedules change, so keep getting it from the URL vs. a copy you save locally today)

The location of the meet is very very close (about 100 yards) within easy walking distance to the Babylon train station.

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #112 of 566
Quote:
Thanks, it is still a bit confusing but I'll try to wind my head around this,

The train you'd be arriving at is at Grand Central, which is on the East side of NYC and a bit uptown compared to Penn Station.  The train to LI leaves on the West Side of NYC, a bit downtown from it. 

If you were to then take a train from NYC to the meet in in Bablyon Long Island, you need to walk or take a taxi from Grand Central, located around 42nd st between Lexington and Madison Ave., over to Penn station located at 32nd st. and 7th Ave. 

Check out this Google Map:  https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Grand+Central+Terminal,+87+East+42nd+Street,+New+York,+NY+10017&daddr=7th+Ave&hl=en&sll=40.751595,-73.988006&sspn=0.008054,0.016512&geocode=FWbXbQIdIDOX-ylrVBkgAlnCiTGdZZQ_f55QCA%3BFY7KbQIdfPqW-w&oq=Penn&t=v&mra=ls&z=17

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #113 of 566
Quote:
The train you'd be arriving at is at Grand Central, which is on the East side of NYC and a bit uptown compared to Penn Station.  The train to LI leaves on the West Side of NYC, a bit downtown from it. 

If you were to then take a train from NYC to the meet in in Bablyon Long Island, you need to walk or take a taxi from Grand Central, located around 42nd st between Lexington and Madison Ave., over to Penn station located at 32nd st. and 7th Ave. 

Check out this Google Map:  https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Grand+Central+Terminal,+87+East+42nd+Street,+New+York,+NY+10017&daddr=7th+Ave&hl=en&sll=40.751595,-73.988006&sspn=0.008054,0.016512&geocode=FWbXbQIdIDOX-ylrVBkgAlnCiTGdZZQ_f55QCA%3BFY7KbQIdfPqW-w&oq=Penn&t=v&mra=ls&z=17

Thanks and then from Penn directly to a Babylon station. The closest of which is 100 yards from the meet. Gotcha. Thanks again. Mr. m80..puppy?.

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #114 of 566
Quote:
Thanks and then from Penn directly to a Babylon station. The closest of which is 100 yards from the meet. Gotcha. Thanks again. Mr. m80..puppy?.

You're welcome.  Pronunciation is mmm-eight-oh actually :wink: ... a three letter acronym of my last name.  And that dog is one of my two Shiba Inus; the younger gregarious crazy one that often has a goofey face to offer.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #116 of 566
Quote:
If that's possible then I would greatly appreciate it.

But I would still need instructions on getting back :) Thanks 

Dont worry about that,

I will drive you back into the city ,if needed..not a problem.
We do have time.

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #117 of 566
Quote:

It is set in stone,so buy your tickets.

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #120 of 566
Just as a note...

April 12-15th...is the NY Audio Show at the Palace Hotel. I'm calling the hotel tomorrow to find out when tickets go on sale. Then I'll post the info here.

I'll also be driving so anyone needing a lift...the SUV is empty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back