Official NY Meet Sat June 18
Apr 23, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #91 of 389
grandenigma1 said:
darn ... so close but yet so far away... mapquest says 1hr30min for me but with tolls and traffic more like 3hrs, at least...darn east coast. I would not mind the drive too much except I have to do that every day mon-fri for work and saturday is my one day to relax and sleep in.

You can sleep in & relax any saturday,you will be kicking
yourself once you start reading the meet impressions of all the gear & people you missed.

Apr 23, 2005 at 3:21 PM Post #92 of 389
Yikes, I can bring the SA5000, SA3000 (it's on loan), and HE60.

grandenigma1, I'm always interested in power cords and cables. I would be happy try them out and let you know what I think. But if it's vs. a stock cable, it would probably be an improvement. Now if you want to compare it to another cord, it gets tricky.

Apr 23, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #93 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
darn ... so close but yet so far away... mapquest says 1hr30min for me but with tolls and traffic more like 3hrs, at least...darn east coast. I would not mind the drive too much except I have to do that every day mon-fri for work and saturday is my one day to relax and sleep in.
Anyone know if there are any busses and or trains that run from the north jersey area over towards there... or anyone headin on over from the north jersey area?

On a Saturday morning, it takes a little more than an hour and change to go from the GW Bridge to Babylon.
If you want, you can take NJ Transit, then the LIRR, and although it would take longer, you can chill with your eyes closed, and warm up to some tunes.
The third option, (which I used to do every day), is take a Lakeland Bus to Port Authority, walk 8 blocks, and then take the LIRR.

Apr 23, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #94 of 389
I'll be staying Friday night in Union City, then driving thru the city and out. I know where Long Island is, but have little knowledge about specific towns. I'm sure I'll be able to find my way.

I'm looking forward to the meet.

I'll be down in the city next week for the Home Entertainment (Stereophile) show.

Apr 30, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #95 of 389
I'm bringing:

- Senn HD-650/Cardas cable
- Earmax Pro
(Can bring Cary 303/200 CD player if we need sources).

I am in Westport, CT. If we get a group of 4 or 5 Nutmeggers (people in CT), we can go together in one car on the Bridgeport/Port Jefferson Ferry and split the cost, which is about $80 round trip. We may not save that much time compared to driving the whole way, but it's a much more pleasant way to go.

Anyone interested please PM.
600smile.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #96 of 389
I need some help. I am still trying to make it up for the meet. I will probably stay in Manhatten (no car). Can I get a train from Penn Station that will get me close to the meet location? From what I've read, I assume it will be the LIRR. Are there a group leaving from Manhatten Saturday morning that I could meet up with. I am not definite but with Jazz Fest that weekend in NYC, it is even more tempting.

Apr 30, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #97 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I need some help. I am still trying to make it up for the meet. I will probably stay in Manhatten (no car). Can I get a train from Penn Station that will get me close to the meet location? From what I've read, I assume it will be the LIRR. Are there a group leaving from Manhatten Saturday morning that I could meet up with. I am not definite but with Jazz Fest that weekend in NYC, it is even more tempting.

You can catch an express LIRR train directly from penn station to the babylon train station which will put you 1 block from the meet location,about 1 hour ride from manhattan.

May 2, 2005 at 2:34 PM Post #98 of 389
Hey i want to come, going to be my first head-fi meet! I'm moving up to brooklyn this month and if i can get off work, and if i figure my way around, and if i get access to transportation i'll be there. Cant wait, so excited about my first meet to meet other head-fier and listen to all the gears.
orphsmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
lambda.gif
rs1smile.gif
3000smile.gif
etysmile.gif

May 2, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #99 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside504
Hey i want to come, going to be my first head-fi meet! I'm moving up to brooklyn this month and if i can get off work, and if i figure my way around, and if i get access to transportation i'll be there. Cant wait, so excited about my first meet to meet other head-fier and listen to all the gears.
orphsmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
lambda.gif
rs1smile.gif
3000smile.gif
etysmile.gif

You won't be dissapointed,Maybe overwhelmed but I can guarrantee you will have a good time.

May 2, 2005 at 3:12 PM Post #100 of 389
definitely overwhelmed lol. even at immity bicker's mini meet, i felt like i couldn't stuff all the candy in my mouth from the candy store.

the best bet, especially for a big meet, is to go in with a plan, like "Only DACs" or "just in my price range" or "the big bucks."

May 2, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #101 of 389
Quote:

orphsmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
lambda.gif
rs1smile.gif
3000smile.gif
etysmile.gif

Well then I will probably see you there where you can have a reunion with you PPA
600smile.gif

May 2, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #102 of 389
thanks for the advice jahn, well i guess i want to sample some of the big boy headphones only. Should i bring my own test tracks? Or is it impolite to remove the cd that's already in the player? Anyways this is all contingent on me getting off work and knowing my way around a new city well enough.

grandenigma1 - well i do want to hear my old PPA and if i can case up my dynalo we can have a shot out of my DIY amps. LOL

May 2, 2005 at 3:49 PM Post #103 of 389
Quote:

thanks for the advice jahn, well i guess i want to sample some of the big boy headphones only. Should i bring my own test tracks? Or is it impolite to remove the cd that's already in the player? Anyways this is all contingent on me getting off work and knowing my way around a new city well enough.

grandenigma1 - well i do want to hear my old PPA and if i can case up my dynalo we can have a shot out of my DIY amps. LOL

I cant promise she will be the same as before but that sounds good... I was looking at the dynalos last night and it does look like a very nice little amp... It will be my first meet as well...

May 2, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #104 of 389
Quote:

ABSOLUTELY bring your own tracks! You should always listen to a new rig with a familiar track - as far as I know, there's no protocol for tossing the current track out of the source, unless someone is listening to it right then lol.

May 2, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #105 of 389
Quote:

Bring your own cds that you are familiar with to try in all the gear so you will have a referance point to judge the gear by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back