Official NY Meet Sat June 18
May 8, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #121 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Erik...Good one...but that one could cause your first deletion
tongue.gif

I will be bringing a RS Raptor, just in case anyone in the New York crew is interested in what the Chicago crew has been tasting lately. I seems it's mighty tasty.

RS Raptor?!?!?! Of course interested! (I can't yet say "we", 'cause I'm only "me"...)
tongue.gif

Peter

May 8, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #122 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
I Was just listening to 1 of Ray kimbers IsoMike cds with the Melos & PS1s the sound quality was unbelieveable,Who said Grados don't have soundstage width & depth. The Ps1s just sounded the best I have ever heard them,like I never heard them sound before,Truly world class
blink.gif

Looking forward to hearing the modded 600s.

That would be very interesting to hear. Last fall I heard the PS-1 through several of Ray's amps via the Meridian transport Ray had and it sounded overwhelmingly bass-heavy. I'd love to hear the sound you describe.
eek.gif

Peter

May 8, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #123 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
That would be very interesting to hear. Last fall I heard the PS-1 through several of Ray's amps via the Meridian transport Ray had and it sounded overwhelmingly bass-heavy. I'd love to hear the sound you describe.
eek.gif

Peter

I switched back to the bowl pads with the PS1s (Only grado I own that I don't use the flats with) Flats make them to bass heavy.

May 8, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #124 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
RS Raptor?!?!?! Of course interested! (I can't yet say "we", 'cause I'm only "me"...)
tongue.gif

Holy...yeah, I'm interested too!! Now we can say "we".

I wonder what fun toys I can bring with me? It seems that people are already bringing all the equipment listed in my sig. Other than that I hope to be able to bring with me the LaRocco Pocket Reference, which based on their original ETA should be done by the end of this month (crossing fingers). I'm also one first in line clamoring for the E4c...umm, but maybe I should get in touch with Sugarfried to see if Shure can send over some extra tips for everybody to audition.
etysmile.gif
(now why isn't there just a generic canalphone smile instead of this Ety one?)

May 9, 2005 at 12:57 PM Post #126 of 389
I might be able to attend as well. If a couple people from the Boston area want a ride I'd be happy to take them along -- we could split the gas too and save some money by carpooling.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2005 at 1:04 PM Post #127 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG
I might be able to attend as well. If a couple people from the Boston area want a ride I'd be happy to take them along -- we could split the gas too and save some money by carpooling.
smily_headphones1.gif

DanG,

I would up for this and I'll happily split the gas money.

May 9, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #128 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by zatara
Hopefully my sons roller hockey league will be over and
I can come too.
etysmile.gif

My twin boys also play roller hockey(I am a assistant coach) & have a 1:30 game on the 18th I am going to miss. I will have my wife bring them,since I am hosting the meet.The Meet is 1pm-7pm so you will have plenty of time to make the meet depending on where you live.

May 9, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #130 of 389
I was an assistant coach for my daughter's soccer team, and became coach by default, due to that very reason. I think he knew when he roped me in
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #131 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by zatara
Since I am my sons coach if they are still playing hopefully my
assistant coach can fill in. That's what they are there for. Right?

I have been a assistant & head coach , I like being a asistant coach better & have filled in many times for the head coach when they had other obligations.
So to answer your question ,Yes that is what they are there for.

May 15, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #133 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo
unfortunately, i gotta bail on this meet. have a great time.

Sorry to hear that stevieo,I guess the MD guys are going to drop out with their meet being the next day.

May 16, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #134 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo
unfortunately, i gotta bail on this meet. have a great time.

I was looking forward to seeing you in NY. Have a great MD get-together.

May 16, 2005 at 12:08 PM Post #135 of 389
I am working on draggin' his butt there. It wouldn't be the same without Stevieo. Better maybe...but not the same.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back