Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015
Apr 28, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #271 of 347
  No ZD here, but I will be hosting Maxx's pimped out/modded Little Dot MK VIII SE as well as a friend's modded PM-2s. I recommend bringing music in microsd format if you're visiting my table! 

How does the music situation typically work? This is my first meet.  Do most people just bring an SD card with songs they want to listen and people are cool with that or do people sharing gear prefer people mainly listen to what they have pre-loaded? I have no problem with people using an SD card in my setup.  I can also have certain songs/albums on the computer if there are any requests. 

I won't be bringing the crack or T1 but will have the emotiva stealth DC-1, zana deux SE, la figaro 339 and the HD800 and HD650.

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #272 of 347

How does the music situation typically work? This is my first meet.  Do most people just bring an SD card with songs they want to listen and people are cool with that or do people sharing gear prefer people mainly listen to what they have pre-loaded? I have no problem with people using an SD card in my setup.  I can also have certain songs/albums on the computer if there are any requests. 

I won't be bringing the crack or T1 but will have the emotiva stealth DC-1, zana deux SE, la figaro 339 and the HD800 and HD650.

It depends on the what transport is being used. I'm bringing my surface pro, which only has one USB output for my dac. It uses a microSD card though, which people can use their own music for. I have my own music too, but I don't know if it'll be up to everyone's tastes. Bringing a USB stick usually works for vendors/setups that have multiple usb ports. Or some people like to bring cd transports, in which you'll need to use CDs. 

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #274 of 347
Count me in!
+ Herueyes

Gear List:
Phones: Audeze LCD 2, AKG 812, Beyerdynamic DT880 (600ohm)
Amps: Decaware Zen Taboo MKIII, OPPO HA-1, Fostex HP-A8C
Source: PC, Pioneer Elite DV38A, TEAC CD-2000

Apr 28, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #275 of 347
 No ZD here, but I will be hosting Maxx's pimped out/modded Little Dot MK VIII SE as well as a friend's modded PM-2s. I recommend bringing music in microsd format if you're visiting my table! 

Are your T1 terminated with factory 1/4" or maybe with 4th pin XLR? If the later I would be very appreciative if you bring them

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #280 of 347
I will be coming, too.  This will be my first meet.  I am new to head-fi. Looks to be a lot of knowledgeable folks with really, cool gear coming.  Thanks for doing this!!

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #283 of 347
 I have been a little lax in posting the gear list as I have been really busy at work so just post what you are bringing in the thread.
Look over the posts to see what members are bringing.
  3 days to go.

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #284 of 347
any GeekOut V2 beta testers amongst us who might be able to bring a V2 ?
i'm bring my V1 and it would nice to compare them.

Apr 29, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #285 of 347
Fyi, I did it. As long as I don't crash my car on the track @ Lime Rock tomorrow and unable to attend :p, I will be bringing the McIntosh MHA100 I just bought today.

I 'may' have a whole bunch of other equipment too in a 19" rack. But does any of that matter? I may just bring the Mc and a transport to be named later (after I test synergy with the ones I have)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back