Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015
Apr 30, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #301 of 347
Hi guys, just for fun I plan to bring my moded balanced tube amp to the meet..
Still a work in progress tho.

It will be at member "thegunner100" table.
I wont have tube meter connected but plan to have the didgital temp meters working.
here is pic of what I am talking about:

Aside from that, hoping to hear all these new cans out
:)

Edit:
All repaired, all functional, added more stuff..
:wink:

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #302 of 347
I will officially be bringing.
Headphones V-MODA M80, Sennheiser HD429, HD439, HD558, Momentum Over Ear, HD600
Fiio X3 DAP with E12 AMP and X15 Stacking with Fiio L16 interconnect
Sandisk Clip Zip Rockboxed with Fiio E6 Amp
Schiit Magni/Modi 2 Uber Amp/Dac Stack

Also A short cable I just received from AliExpress for the HD600/650. Was looking for a short cable and didn't want to spend $100s of dollars. Found this and its quit nice. Custom made for $43.79 for those interested.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6586353712.html?orderId=66615218396273

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #304 of 347
  I'd like to bring my WA-2 and a source to the show. Who do I need to contact to arrange a space to setup and power?

James 

No just show up and bring power strips and extension cords I was told.

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #305 of 347
Yeah just show up and bring power cables. There should be plenty of room. II haven't been to a meet yet where there wasn't enough space. Even if we do run out, we can just squeeze more gear in lol

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #306 of 347
I regret to inform everyone that I will not be able to attend this weekend's meet. Between AXPONA last weekend and receiving a very large shipment of stock this week that needs to be quickly turned around to some of our international distributors, it would be irresponsible for me to travel to New York at this time.

Woo Audio has very graciously agreed to display our universal line (including the K10U) at their table so please feel free to stop by and demo our pieces with either your own source or Woo's beautiful products.

For those of you who were looking to make a custom purchase this weekend and have complimentary ear mold impressions taken by myself, we will happily reimburse you the cost of your impressions taken by a third party audiologist with proof of purchase. Impressions generally run between $50-$100 and in the New York area we recommend Julie Glick of Musician Hearing Solutions.

Take care and have a fantastic meet!

Best,

Brannan

Apr 30, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #307 of 347
  I regret to inform everyone that I will not be able to attend this weekend's meet. Between AXPONA last weekend and receiving a very large shipment of stock this week that needs to be quickly turned around to some of our international distributors, it would be irresponsible for me to travel to New York at this time.

Woo Audio has very graciously agreed to display our universal line (including the K10U) at their table so please feel free to stop by and demo our pieces with either your own source or Woo's beautiful products.

For those of you who were looking to make a custom purchase this weekend and have complimentary ear mold impressions taken by myself, we will happily reimburse you the cost of your impressions taken by a third party audiologist with proof of purchase. Impressions generally run between $50-$100 and in the New York area we recommend Julie Glick of Musician Hearing Solutions.

Take care and have a fantastic meet!

Best,

Brannan

Brannan

Catch you the next time.

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #308 of 347
  I'd like to bring my WA-2 and a source to the show. Who do I need to contact to arrange a space to setup and power?

James 

No just show up and bring power strips and extension cords I was told.

bikerboy94 has it right,space will be available.

Apr 30, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #311 of 347
I will be bringing...

Headphones:
AKG K7XX
AKG K240 Sextetts (Mid Production)
MrSpeakers Alpha Prime

DACs:
AMB Gamma 2
Curryman ES9023 based DAC with galvantic isolation (USB) and re-clocking.

AMPs:
Cavalli EHHA Rev. A (Curryman DAC)
Cavalli Compact Tube Hybrid (Gamma 2)

Source:
Mac Book Pro with Decibel music player.

Will have directions on how to switch between DACs. External USB with FLAC is ok, but I'm not posting directions on how to link or import. That is up to you to be able to figure out how to import music on a Mac.

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #312 of 347
I will be bringing...

Headphones:
AKG K7XX
AKG K240 Sextetts (Mid Production)
MrSpeakers Alpha Prime

DACs:
AMB Gamma 2
Curryman ES9023 based DAC with galvantic isolation (USB) and re-clocking.

AMPs:
Cavalli EHHA Rev. A (Curryman DAC)
Cavalli Compact Tube Hybrid (Gamma 2)

Source:
Mac Book Pro with Decibel music player.

Will have directions on how to switch between DACs. External USB with FLAC is ok, but I'm not posting directions on how to link or import. That is up to you to be able to figure out how to import music on a Mac.

hi Scott are you still planning to bring your 6DJ8/6922 tubes? Maybe you have Amperex Orange Globes or Buggle Boys?

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #313 of 347
hi Scott are you still planning to bring your 6DJ8/6922 tubes? Maybe you have Amperex Orange Globes or Buggle Boys?

Yes, I'm going to bring a few pairs, but for only testing purposes only. I'm not putting them in an amp to try out.

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #315 of 347
Wow, time flies...  It was three years ago MrSpeakers debuted at the NY meet.  Your support helped us launch, so thank you. 

We've got some pretty nice gear this year:

1. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC with a Ragnarok, a Liquid Crimson, and a tricked out Woo W5 with Sophia tubes and a custom transformer tapped for ETHER.
  2. Auralic Vega DAC with Cavalli Liquid Carbon

We'll have a few ETHERs, as well as the Alpha Prime and Alpha Dog, and we'll have a meet special: Alpha Prime, $799.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back