Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #196 of 280
I'm hoping to make it. I'm Kinda threading the needle with family and work obligations. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #197 of 280
9 days to go!
I could use volunteers to help run power cords & power strips to tables before the meet starts

I am also looking for someone to take over organizing future meets as I am hanging up my organizer hat after this meet.
I have been organizing meets since the first NY meet in 2002 at Grado labs.

Jun 1, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #200 of 280
At the moment I am leaning towards bringing:

PS Audio DirectStream DAC and DirectStream Memory Player
Rogue RH-5
Abyss AB-1266
There is a chance that I'll be able to bring an Abyss Diana
Possibly some other nick nacks

Got to find a hotel :frowning2:

Jun 1, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #201 of 280
At the moment I am leaning towards bringing:

PS Audio DirectStream DAC and DirectStream Memory Player
Rogue RH-5
Abyss AB-1266
There is a chance that I'll be able to bring an Abyss Diana
Possibly some other nick nacks

Got to find a hotel :frowning2:
Look at the first post link to hotels close by.

Jun 1, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #202 of 280
9 days to go!
I could use volunteers to help run power cords & power strips to tables before the meet starts

I've been planning on getting a hotel shuttle (or taxi) arranged for me at the Marriott Courtyard in Farmingdale around 8 AM or so. If I arrive at the meetup early enough, I'll be glad to help out with this.

Anyway, it'll be exactly 7 days from now when I'll be departing from Chongqing. So excited!

Jun 1, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #203 of 280
GRADO PS2000e.jpg

Since the "cat is out of the bag" I can say that I will have one headphone on my table, the new Grado Flagship PS2000e. It is fully broken and sounds fabulous. I will be putting together a mini review in the next few days. Looking forward to seeing everyone.....

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #204 of 280
Anyone going that can pick us (two) people up with some gear early in the morning from Manhattan (Stuytown) to the place. If not then we can rent a car no problem.

If you end up renting a car I would love to get in on that and help split the cost. I'm at 36th ave and 38th st in queens, but could probably meet in manhattan. Hah I'm really trying to avoid the LIRR if I can help it.

Jun 1, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #205 of 280

Since the "cat is out of the bag" I can say that I will have one headphone on my table, the new Grado Flagship PS2000e. It is fully broken and sounds fabulous. I will be putting together a mini review in the next few days. Looking forward to seeing everyone.....

Oooh! Would love to find out how it compares to the Utopia

Jun 2, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #208 of 280
I want to go too. But I can only travel to Manhattan by bus. I want to try my Z1R's on different amps. Any other way to get to Babylon? That's L.I.

It'd be great if you could come, and if you could bring your JVC SZ-2000s. I've never heard those before, and am curious to hear how they sound with my extreme sound settings that I designed, which I'll be showing off at the meetup.

Jun 3, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #209 of 280
Count me in. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I am fulfilling my assigned task of driving Kerry to the meet; I know y'all would rather talk to him than me, he knows his stuff. I might bring my old-school (balanced with dual XLR's) Grado GS1000's (original issue) which I continue to mod in an attempt to make the highs a tad more musical (unmodded the sound approaches the evoked vocal response of a cat being waterboarded). Since there will be nothing to plug them in to I guess I will throw a Bal-->1/4" adapter Y-thingy in my pocket, a big mess of short cables that weighs a ton, only a nerd could love.

Last BozeButtons meet. Tears. He's the man, which everyone here knows, took me under his wing at CanJam Florida (I think Abe Lincoln was President back then) and taught me everything I know. He also prevented a house fire by (physically) stopping me from buying a SinglePower amp that day.

Life rolls on, but it will never be the same without his meets. Let's remind ourselves that it is the personal, human, face-to-face side of Head-Fi that elevates this forum above all others. Jude changed my life when he made me join. If you are anywhere near meets, and you don't go, you are missing out big time. Take out your IEMs, put down your PMP's, and get to a meet.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #210 of 280
I want to go too. But I can only travel to Manhattan by bus. I want to try my Z1R's on different amps. Any other way to get to Babylon? That's L.I.
Take the bus to manhattan go to penn station take the LIRR to Babylon.Or see if you can hookup with someone who is driving in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back