Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #61 of 280
I do not believe there is an 'annex' room in this meet's room that could provide the isolation from the noise of the meet room's floor that would be required to provide meaningful measurements. There are bathrooms, and a kitchen, and a hallway to the bar. I don't recall other rooms off the main room. Bozebuttons could say for sure tho.

With that said, while I don't have the head, I do own a Terrasonde Audio Toolbox 3c which I could bring; but only if an 'annex' room exists to provide silence for meaningful measurement results.

Interesting; I didn't quite realize that. I guess if there's a small room off to the side somewhere, then it'd be nice to have, but if not, then don't worry about it.

Speaking of noisy environments, I've shown off my portable dual-listening setup to friends and peers plenty of times at parties, loud restaurants, and even at KTV karaoke clubs. With the headphones cranked up (the way I usually show it off), the music from the headphones drowns out most of the outside noise, anyway.

But I guess if you're taking acoustic measurements, then it's a whole different story.

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #62 of 280
Suggestion for next CanJam NY: Have one large side room designated for listening *only*. Have a staff person to keep an eye on the gear and to remind people that conversation is not permitted. Invite manufactures to lend gear to the room for critical listening.

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #63 of 280
  Suggestion for next CanJam NY: Have one large side room designated for listening *only*. Have a staff person to keep an eye on the gear and to remind people that conversation is not permitted. Invite manufactures to lend gear to the room for critical listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c10M-T9YZ0&t=1688s

It looks like there was a side room dedicated to listening to the Orpheus HE-1.

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #64 of 280
Sennheiser did have it's own room for this (still wasn't silent, but better than the main room).

Feb 27, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #65 of 280
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c10M-T9YZ0&t=1688s

It looks like there was a side room dedicated to listening to the Orpheus HE-1.

Yes, they had a room. Woo Audio also had a room and had a few different brands headphones to try with their amps. However, what I'm talking about is a room that would have hopefully a large number of headphones and amps from different brands, allowing for comparative listening in a quiet environment. I think this would address the most common complaint about CanJam,

Feb 27, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #66 of 280
I think what we need is duct tape, just apply to the mouth of everyone as they enter...:D

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #67 of 280
I think what we need is duct tape, just apply to the mouth of everyone as they enter...
biggrin.gif

I can bring some duct tape if you volunteer to be  first
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #68 of 280
Feb 28, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #69 of 280
This is the next NY meet thread, not the Can Jam thread. But I'll ask anyone thinking along the lines as suggested above to ask themselves, how many times do you audition something and not converse with the vendor or rep behind the desk? :\ Just doesn't seem feasible.

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #71 of 280
Count me in.

[off topic begins]

Totally off topic, but possibly of interest to music loving folks in the NYC area, I have one extra ticket for

Phil Lesh & Friends
Capitol Theater
Port Chester
next Wednesday night, the 15th

It should be an interesting version of the "Friends" as he will have Joan Osborne on vocals and Stanley Jordan(!) as one of two guitarists.
PM me if you are interested.
Tix are for face value and *seats* are in the balcony (I've no intention of stopping going to shows, but I am no longer willing to stand for 3+ hours).

Music has been good to me recently as I saw Keith Jarrett at Carnegie Hall two weeks ago (mind boggling performance) and the Vienna Phil last week.

[end of off topic entry]

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #73 of 280
  Count me in.

[off topic begins]

Totally off topic, but possibly of interest to music loving folks in the NYC area, I have one extra ticket for

Phil Lesh & Friends
Capitol Theater
Port Chester
next Wednesday night, the 15th

It should be an interesting version of the "Friends" as he will have Joan Osborne on vocals and Stanley Jordan(!) as one of two guitarists.
PM me if you are interested.
Tix are for face value and *seats* are in the balcony (I've no intention of stopping going to shows, but I am no longer willing to stand for 3+ hours).

Music has been good to me recently as I saw Keith Jarrett at Carnegie Hall two weeks ago (mind boggling performance) and the Vienna Phil last week.

[end of off topic entry]

ticket taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back