Official New York Spring Meet 5.2.15 Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #76 of 116
  Great impressions Alex.
 I'll give you  the garbage can suggestion.
My family thinks I am Santa Clause too
tongue.gif

Ha ha, I just knew that! Maybe you need to think of a new meet to be scheduled for Christmas :wink:.

May 7, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #77 of 116
Alex, congratulations again on an excellent product, just your description of what work went into yhe design of the ear pads was amazing. I regret we never quite got my Stax amp over to your table so that you could hear the 35 year Stax SR-X Mk3 do their thing, I think you would have been impressed. If you make it to the Spring meet I will bring them again and you can check them out.

Best of luck on a solid performer and compliments to your enthusiasm.

Joe

Joe, thank you so much for your kind words. I truly am sorry for not being able to to hear your beloved Stax out of Yggy with my own music. I was a bit spaced out by the end and realized it when you were already leaving. You are right, we will surely do it at the very next meet. I just have to make sure and bring the original CD's :wink:.

May 8, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #79 of 116
  I will be working on a report tomorrow and get pictures up also I thought this was a spectacular event. The members turning out is always fun and seeing all our NY friends is awesome and our friends came from all over to this meet. Tom did a fantastic job and it keeps getting great support and the vendors who also make this a terrific event were all welcomed and terrific to hang with.  Cannot wait till the fall meet and seeing everyone again. The support is as strong as ever and new member are always welcome and appreciated. Zwesome rigs and couple interesting prototypes. Grorge Lennz and Roger's  joint amp sounded fantastic with the HD800. Th Zana Deux also was special with the hd800 and really impressed with the HE100. The Ether and tricked out WA5 Jack did was spectacular and for many will be totally end game. It was good to see Jack  and Dan on the new project with the WA5 as both are pushing the hobby to a higher level . Stay tuned for the Headphone,Guru reports and also will be posted here for our community.

I was impressed by your review of the Viva Egoista. Our French reseller got in contact with Viva and should order one to demo it.

Really waiting your impressions about the ZANA Deux Super. I have not understood if you tested it with the HE1000 ?

May 8, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #81 of 116
  I was impressed by your review of the Viva Egoista. Our French reseller got in contact with Viva and should order one to demo it.

Really waiting your impressions about the ZANA Deux Super. I have not understood if you tested it with the HE1000 ?

ZANA Duex Super has not shipped yet.New upgraded Zana.

May 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #82 of 116
Note to anyone who tried the Noble iems - If you listened to the 10s but the case was regular black rather than kind of sparkly, you weren't listening to the 10s. I'm fairly certain I thought I was listening to the 10s but in fact had the 6s, which have a strong bass boost. Thinking back I don't remember seeing the 10s on the table at all but I could be wrong. The 10s look like this.  

May 8, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #84 of 116
Forgive my intrusion. Where are the pics of Kerry's KGST!

May 9, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #85 of 116
  How much is that model Tom? Differences

$2389.00 should be the price,I believe available to order now.
 a few tweeks to the power supply,feedback circuit new output caps (oil & paper of japanese origion.)

May 9, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #86 of 116
  Forgive my intrusion. Where are the pics of Kerry's KGST!

This is the only one I took. I was set up next to him so I did get a good long look at it. Was my fav at the show. It sounded fantastic.

May 9, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #87 of 116

This is the only one I took. I was set up next to him so I did get a good long look at it. Was my fav at the show. It sounded fantastic.

Much appreciated. I'll go bug Kerry for some front shots. 

May 10, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #89 of 116
Notice the 1/2" thick front panel.  And notice that Kerry needs two alarm clocks to wake up for his day job (after spending all night milling and drilling).

Kerry -- yes you can use some of the rare African ebony (you are the only one who knows where it is anyway) to make a proper volume control -- that cheap knob has no business on your amp.

And 8 days too late, let me thank all the organizers, members and vendors for another great meet.  And for the huge profit I made collecting the cash at dinner (so I kept the tip, the waiter didn't need it since he forgot the beer, what's the problem?).

Only joking.  

I can't believe I bought more stuff.  My wife found the boxes in the trash can out back, my WAF plan failed.  Of course, as depicted in the original Head-Fi t-shirts, I can't hear her complain when I have headphones on.

Another joke.

As we discussed at the diner, not enough of you are clicking on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7hdB32_miw  .  Off camera, Kerry was the equipment wrangler, and did a great job. 

I have nothing to add to the gear impressions -- previous posters have said it all.

May 10, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #90 of 116
Wow Larry! That video was the highlight of my morning. 

The Orpheus is not only some of the most "expensiviest" sh-t, but it is in the toppest tier of goodliest sounding headphones evah to sit on a Head-fier's ears!

Subtle link to your video, by the way 
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back