Official: New York Area Meet, Nov 20, White Plains, NY
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #136 of 308
Hooray!  We were all disappointed when you couldnt make it spring 09

Quote:
I'm coming to this one!  Finalized my plans, and I'm really looking forward to hanging out with y'all.

Because I'm packing light to avoid checking anything, I may be bringing just a couple of things:  Sennheiser HD598, which I've been infatuated with of late, and maybe my HF-2 (but not if I see a bunch on the list).  I'll also have my iPad/HM-801 rig (which both the HF-2 and HD598 sing with).

Nov 5, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #137 of 308

Quote:
Hooray!  We were all disappointed when you couldnt make it spring 09

I don't remember if that's the one with the nametag hijinks
tongue.gif
, but this time I can wear my nametag (and if there are none, I'll probably bring the one in my current avatar).

Nov 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #140 of 308
I'm bringing my Luxman P-1 and my Exemplar modded Oppo, Jude.

Also, I'm going to see Roger Water's "The Wall" tomorrow night. I am problem one of a small handful that got to see one the two shows in NY in the early '80's and this show.
An annoying friend of mine called K-Rock all day and was the luck 104th caller. I guess all these years of being nice to him and lending him lot's of stuff is finally paying off. You can say that I paid it "forward".

Nov 5, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #141 of 308
Sounds like this is shaping up to be a heck of a meet which makes me doubly sad that I won't be able to make the trip.  I'll toast you guys as I fly over some time Saturday night on my way back from a week of training for work.

Nov 5, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #142 of 308
Jack from Micca Store contacted me and will be sending a Fiio F7/F9 combo.  Thanks to Jack for the generous offer.

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #143 of 308

Quote:
Sounds like this is shaping up to be a heck of a meet which makes me doubly sad that I won't be able to make the trip.  I'll toast you guys as I fly over some time Saturday night on my way back from a week of training for work.

Let me know exactly when you will be over my longitude and latitude and I'll Brent Farve the beer that I owe you, right up to the plane.

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #144 of 308
i spoke to Brittany Harvey the other day and she's planning on coming in with a bunch of JH Audio universal demo iems.
beerchug.gif

it's unclear at this time if the JH3a will come with her.
she's also interested in joining the gang post event for dinner. any ideas about where we might go? i don't know what's in the hotel but there are a couple of diners close by.

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #145 of 308

Quote:
i spoke to Brittany Harvey the other day and she's planning on coming in with a bunch of JH Audio universal demo iems.
beerchug.gif

it's unclear at this time if the JH3a will come with her.
she's also interested in joining the gang post event for dinner. any ideas about where we might go? i don't know what's in the hotel but there are a couple of diners close by.

Oh no.

I was hoping my wallet would be spared until CanJam.
This meet is going to be terrible for my already empty wallet. Getting excited to go, though. Should be interesting meeting up with you folks in real life for the first time. Pretty certain I'll be by far the youngest one there too, but oh well. Just too bad my overly fancy SSMH (Alps Blue Velvet, Sonicaps, NKK Gain Switch, Neutrik/Switchcraft locking jacks, etc) won't be finished in time since they don't appreciate soldering irons in the dorms.

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #148 of 308
I will be there. Sadly, I don't have anything to bring (I kinda misplaced my Monster Turbine Copper Pros and my B&W P5s, but if I can find them, I will bring them), although I do have a JH-16 on order with JH-3A.

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #149 of 308
Less than 2 weeks away.  It looks like we have a good crowd.  If you're a "maybe" try to decide if you'll be going or not pretty soon.  I need to give a head count to the hotel and while I don't think it will make too much difference - we should have plenty of room - it would be nice to be able to plan for table arrangement, etc.

If anyone is interested in helping out I could use the following:

Name tags (Where's UpStateGuy?)  If nobody is able to make them up I'll try to do it or will have labels and Sharpies handy!

Silent auction bid sheets.

Let me know if you can help out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back