OFFICIAL New Jersey (East Hanover) meet thread, July 26th
Jul 5, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #61 of 214
Oh give me a break wavoman. She's playing all night, and the music's all right.
biggrin.gif

Sounds good to me on Macaroni Grill. Can't be too expensive.

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #62 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds good to me on Macaroni Grill. Can't be too expensive.

Here is the actual menu, with prices. Slightly higher than a diner, but I think we can get a real big table and it's a nicer place. But there are some in the meet who want a diner for "Jersey-ness".

Romano's Macaroni Grill

Do we take a vote the week before?

Jul 5, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #63 of 214
Oh nice, looks like a real italian place. Yeah, more than a diner, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Jul 7, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #66 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need someone to bring an iPod that has some video on it. I will have a fun item I am currently beta testing for all to try.

I will have my iPod with plenty of video on it at the meet.

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #67 of 214
grandenigma1 -- might you be bringing the glasses that make it seem you are watching a 60" screen ... on the market for years without success, but I hear several new models are on the way ... r u a beta tester for one?

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #68 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
grandenigma1 -- might you be bringing the glasses that make it seem you are watching a 60" screen ... on the market for years without success, but I hear several new models are on the way ... r u a beta tester for one?

Yup, that would be it. They are made by a German company and actually have a true 480 resolution... no wide screen yet but oh well. It is built specifically for the iPod as the battery pack doubles as a dock for the iPod. They claim they are stylin and can be fitted with your glass prescription. If nothing else they should be fun.

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #69 of 214
Meet news:

1. Hotel raised limit to 25 attendees today when I asked, no charge.

2. Confimed we are in Room A, first room you encounter in the meeting room hall (and right by the stealth side door!). Will be signed "Head-Fi" for the directionally challenged.

3. Room will be set up "U" style, three long tables, one along each wall (other than the wall with the entry door).

4. We will get a modest amount of coffee and soda at 10 a.m. and at 3:30 pm from the hotel ... no additional charge. I guess that means a pot of regular, decaf, hot water/tea bags, plus some regular and diet soda cans. (I'm still bringing Jersey Boy Bagels and a Pot o' Joe to smuggle in at 9 a.m., and will throw a case of cold bottled water and such in a cooler in my trunk ... suggest others bring some bevs too and keep in their cars ... ez access during the meet ... no beer or we get in real trouble).

5. Burger King just down the road (Rt. 10), McD and Wendy's a little further, plus other choices (I'll print Google maps to the closest pizza etc.) ... I assume people just go grab lunch when they want, others stay behind to guard gear.

6. Macaroni Grill seems to trump the diner, but maybe they'll be splinter groups ... I will make an MG res for 7 pm (time to hit the bar beforehand) for n people when I can guess the count. Best way to count? ... MD1032 is there some fancy counter widget on this site? Or PM me??

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #70 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are made by a German company and actually have a true 480 resolution

Excellent! I almost bought a close-out version of this at Sharper Image going-out-of-biz sale yesterday, but a voice in my head said: "Wait, better ones will hit the market soon".

Never thought about the perscription eyeglass issue ... wow, that's important.

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #71 of 214
it looks like a gear list is forming.

amps:
singlepower Supra
Xiang Xheng (i cant spell) 708B with a couple mods
xiangsheng a-307 amp
balanced nikondo (or gradogod) RA-2

headphones:
sennheiser Hd-414 and a few cables
grado brown-headband RS-1 (balanced)
Grado SR-325 black
Beyer DT-770 (600 ohm)
Grado-dynamic DT-125 (balanced)
Denon D5000 (well see)
AKG K1000
AKG k-240 sextet
Sony MDR-F1

Sources:
Eastsound E5

Miscellaneous junk:
monster-power HTS-3500 surge strip
wink.gif

many power cables. some more expensive, some less expensive.
many interconnects. some more expensive, some less expensive.

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #73 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HEAD-DIRECT will attend with several new products.

All right! I love re-witnessing your earbuds kicking the crap out of everything else out there!
biggrin.gif

Nikongod, that's cool that you have the old 325's. Those will be really interesting to hear along with your plethora of other headphones, including the MDR-F1, which I've never heard but heard the comfort level is insane. What happened to the HP-2's?

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #74 of 214
Should there be a "meet competition"? You know, we challenge Atlanta, Seattle, Baltimore, Toronto, Montreal, etc. to see:

-- Most # of attendees
-- Most # of different headphone models
-- Most # of manufacturers present

And -- we all post the one most crazy pic, and the whole community votes on the best.

Judging in September. Jude?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back