Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014 [UPDATED 9/19/2014]
Sep 20, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #121 of 131
have a great time at the meet everyone!!! I wish I could be there! Make sure to post plenty of pics!!

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #123 of 131
Seems there are two challenges to coming to this meet, both of which I shall valiantly overcome:

1. If you pack your headphones the evening before, as I did, you have nothing to listen to that night or this morning;
    You can't wear them and listen while driving (actually in Michigan you CAN drive with cans, but you SHOULDNT)

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #124 of 131
That's hilarious! I was actually faces with your second problem myself last night. All packed...no tunes for the evening.

See you in a few hours!

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #126 of 131
Thank you to the very nice man that housed the Detroit Headphone meet this Saturday Sept.20th at his Industrial Pump Regional Office , a generous thing to do , great Food ( JETS Deeeeep Dish Pizza galore , yummy , and Greek Salad , plenty for all ) .  
  I brought along a Senior Technologist in Dr.Jon Pohl who was quite taken with the Audeze LCD-2s brought by an old acquaintance : Dale a.k.a. dbear44  (from my days of High-End Retailing : Esoteric Audio ) , nice seeing you again Dale , you look great !   The equipment brought by attendees performed well , everyone had ample samplings of everything active , it was wonderful to be able to have access to so much superb equipment !!  
  I was a bit shocked and awed by the sheer number of Schiit Products this group own ( I own only 3 or 4 Schiit items that my wife knows about ) ,  clearly Jason Stoddard and the good Dr. Moffat have had a huge impact on the Headphone Community .   Sennheiser was probably the most popular Headphone along with Grado and a strong showing of Beyer products , those Audeze people had a few owners too and they kinda get top honors , perhaps shared with the Outstanding Sennheiser 800s and the matching Sennheiser Amp set-up brought by the Abarth Man from Ann Arbor , Mi . ( a gracious Gentleman ) who also brought a beautiful little SONY portable amp that sounded superb ,  in my hands ( powering a pair of Shure SE535 in-ear monitors provided by TimKWhite ) , thank you !  
  Over the last 4 decades that I've worked CES Shows I've not encountered a more pleasant group of attendees and exhibitors  , this meet was a delight to attend , I wonder if all these events are like this ? , there had to be at least $100,000 worth of gear sitting on those tables for anyone to sample , it was like a Gourmand Buffet Table , help yourself , all you can absorb and enjoy , sample everything , no problem , an Audio Orgy of beautiful equipment ,  a person could never audition this much gear , at one time , in the history of High-End Audio .  Has me wondering : what would RMAF be like ? 
  Tyll and Steve G originally endorsed Schiit and Sennheiser for me to own and begin my exploration of this engaging hobby , at that time I had no idea headphones could be so delightful , now it's become my "off-the-grid oasis" that I can retreat to no matter where I am .  
   In days past , a person would need a quiet listening room , a very nice Record Player  , some very expensive Electronics and a proper Full-Range Loudspeaker System to enjoy a superb Music Presentation .   Today a person need only an iPhone and a pair of Grado 225 Headphones to enjoy an even more pleasant  Nirvana ( thank you  Mr.Abarth Man for pointing this out ) .
  Today , "Everyman" has easy access to great music ,  I , for one , am delighted .

Thank you again to the Detroit Headphone Show organizers , very nice work indeed !!

Tony in Michigan  

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #127 of 131
I've created an inpressions thread here...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/735435/metro-detroit-2014-head-fi-meet-impressions-thread

Thanks Tony Kaz for the kind words...would you mind copying your impressions to the above-thread. I think you summed it up well!

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #129 of 131
quote name="tonykaz" url="/t/710275/official-metro-detroit-2014-meet-party-get-together-9-20-2014-updated-9-19-2014/120#post_10898072"]Hello Zanzaf ,

I'm trying to copy to your thread but don't quite know how to do it .

I'll keep trying to figure it out .  

Tony 
[/quote]

I think it's as simple as right clicking, copying, and pasting into a new reply on the impressions thread. But I may be wrong.

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #130 of 131
Thank you , 
I did a bit of editing and submitted .  Still only one error that I see , its about only owning a few Schiits , oh well , perfection is not my long suit . 

Nice meeting you , 

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back