Official: March 6th, Waterloo, Ontario Meet
Mar 4, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #31 of 43
My bands playing at a coffee house that night so I can't go out for too long heh. I do however live near a beer store. Man, wouldn't it be fun to get Muffin Man loaded.
wink.gif

(only kidding)

Theres also a Little Ceasers near by with $5 medium pizzas.

Biggie.

Mar 4, 2004 at 1:48 AM Post #32 of 43
My bands playing at a coffee house that night so I can't go out for too long heh. I do however live near a beer store. Man, wouldn't it be fun to get Muffin Man loaded.
wink.gif

(only kidding)

Theres also a Little Ceasers near by with $5 medium pizzas.

Biggie.

Mar 4, 2004 at 3:22 PM Post #33 of 43
lol... I think that since muffinman will be coming with us the beer store is the way to go... that way we can get him plastered... I mean no
tongue.gif

and if you are really in a drinking mood, we could always hit a bar when we get back to TO... not sure who else is coming from the area other than us and aerius... but it could work

Mar 4, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #34 of 43
yeah, good call, i guess we should drink when we get back to the city, rather than right before we hit the highway.

who thinks it's a good idea to spike muffinboy's koolaid?

i'll pitch in for the vodka.

Mar 4, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #35 of 43
so... muffinman is 16 right... who here wasnt drinking at 16?

just thought I would throw that out there... I realise that the meet is for listening to gear and not getting minors drunk... but it WOULD be fun
tongue.gif

looking forward to the meet... it will be nice to compair my system to some more mature setups

biggie... how many people are coming? I know there is tomek, aerius, muffinman and myself... anyone else?

Mar 4, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #36 of 43
Swalker should be coming (lives near by). Uh my gf will likely drop by for a bit. I also invited Gord_SW_Ont but don't know if he'll actually come. I want to hear is emeline xp-2 amp. V-smack might come as well (a freind of mine). My apartment isn't large so a small meet is good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Mar 4, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #38 of 43
he's 16 and lives in Toronto... he probably deals the stuff
tongue.gif

Mar 4, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #39 of 43
Hi Biggie,

I was hoping to make it but it's not looking good at the moment ... too many work/home commitments.
frown.gif

Maybe it's just as well as you seem to have quite a few people showing up already. Are you living in the same place?

BTW that Emmeline is a HR-2 amp (not a xp-2).
tongue.gif
Would have liked to bring the Gilmore V1 and Corda as well as it would give some diversity especially with my Senn 600/Cardas and Sony 3000's.

As the only Grado I've heard is your RS-1 (for what seemed like a second or two), it would have been a good oportunity to see how I liked their unique sound with my amps. Was especially looking forward to listen to your tube system as I'm sure it's magnificent ... maybe we still can arrange something in the future???

Have a great meet!!!

Gord SW Ont
3000smile.gif

Mar 4, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #40 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Gord SW Ont
Hi Biggie,

BTW that Emmeline is a HR-2 amp (not a xp-2).
tongue.gif

Was especially looking forward to listen to your tube system as I'm sure it's magnificent ... maybe we still can arrange something in the future???

Hey, that was a typo! :p

I think we could set up a meet at some point. I'm free on nights and weekends. Fear the tubes.. but the worst part is, you wont get to meet THE MUFFIN MAN.

Biggie.

Mar 5, 2004 at 1:10 AM Post #41 of 43
oh damn, the cd3000s elude me once again.
frown.gif

muffinman pm'd me, i don't think he can come. i guess we scared him away. i was really looking forward to getting him drunk and taking him to a strip joint. headfi's own coming of age story: "i saw my first tube amp and my first boob."

oh well.

Mar 5, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #42 of 43
whaaat... he's not coming... he wasnt really scared was he?

we were just playing
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #43 of 43
maybe its a good thing i didn't come
wink.gif

EDIT: fyi, i was sleeping till like 10 minutes ago
tongue.gif
ill be at the next one that is ttc accesable, or at least in the city...
tongue.gif

EDIT2: thanks for thinking of me though guys
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back