Official: March 6th, Waterloo, Ontario Meet
Jan 28, 2004 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
I'm hosting a Waterloo meet on March 6th at my apartment. Please let me know if you are coming and post your gear.

time: in the afternoon

Thanks,

Biggie.

gear list:

grado rs-1 headphones
moddifed teac vrds-9 cd player
moddified asl el-34 tube power amp turned headphone amp
active gold interconnects
grover reference interconnects
venhaus power cords

Feb 2, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #2 of 43
Not exactly the best time for me since things are really starting to pick up at my work. I won't know if I'll be able to make it until the very last days before the meet.

If I do make it, my gear list would be as follows:

Senn 580 with Meier Audio replacement cord

Mint tin KGCA with a proper power supply now, not the damn switchmode PSU I had last time

Asstd homemade cables

Feb 12, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #3 of 43
I'd say there's a pretty good chance I'll make it, things haven't gotten as hectic as I feared at work so I should be ok. I also got my hands on a pair of Grado 225 headphones which I'd like to try out on Biggie's tube amp.

Also, when exactly is "afternoon"? Is it any time after 12pm or is there a specific time you have in mind?

Feb 13, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #4 of 43
I'm there as long as biggie doesnt live too far from one of the bus terminals I can grab a cab... but if not I might need a ride... if anyone will be driving let me know, maybe we can work something out... or even better if there is anyone coming in from hamilton or toronto maybe we could car pool...

as far as gear, I will bring the following:

nec cdr-602
modded art di/o dac
av320
maxed out pimeta
zu cable ash
pair of zu cable gede's
zu cable pivot
akg k271 studio w/ zu cable mobius

and of course some good music
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2004 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 43
I broke my amp biasing it. So all I have right now is a lowly ra-1. So no more meet.. people are still welcome to come hear my gear though (when its all fixed). ^^

Since the last meet my cd player was modded a bit, I got new tubes and my amp had its grounding changed so it became quieter. Nows its REALLY quiet doh..

Biggie.

Feb 13, 2004 at 3:47 PM Post #6 of 43
no meet again?!?! arghhh

sigh... cant we just have a meet sans cool tubed amp?

rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #7 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by philodox
no meet again?!?! arghhh

sigh... cant we just have a meet sans cool tubed amp?

rolleyes.gif

Well if someone had gear I was actually interested in hearing I could be persauded I guess..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Do you know where the bus you would take would arrive? I have a feeling it would be in kitchener..

Biggie.

Feb 13, 2004 at 6:23 PM Post #8 of 43
Quote:

Well if someone had gear I was actually interested in hearing I could be persauded I guess..
very_evil_smiley.gif

oh... burn!
biggrin.gif
Quote:

Do you know where the bus you would take would arrive? I have a feeling it would be in kitchener..

Yeah, I checked and only the greyhound goes to waterloo university... and it takes forever and there is only one bus.

The coach canada bus only goes as far as the Kitchener station except for the bus that gets in at 3:30pm which goes all the way to the university...
frown.gif

Feb 13, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #9 of 43
I'm a 15 minute walk from the University.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Feb 13, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #10 of 43
I'm still interested in going, it's looking very likely that I can... and could pick someone up from the bus stop if so.

Equipment I would be inclined to bring:

Linn Axis turntable, w/ GramAmp 1 Phono stage & a bunch of LPs
CMoy, w/ 2227 opamp & 1000uF caps
SR-125's
Sony MDR-V6
MIT T3 interconnects

Feb 13, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #11 of 43
Hrmm I'll try paying my Mom/brother/Dad to send in the amp to get fixed this weekend. Need my amp back. *tear*

Biggie.

Feb 15, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #12 of 43
Ok, the meet is being held on March 6th now. I'll have fully working equipment I promise.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Feb 17, 2004 at 2:49 PM Post #14 of 43
Please post to this thread if you can make it to the meet.

Biggie.

Feb 17, 2004 at 3:09 PM Post #15 of 43
I'll be there
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back