Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jul 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #377 of 665
Also, do NOT underestimate the ability of people to be cool and friendly in person.  Regardless of how anyone acts online, I have rarely encountered people that are more friendly, kind, and helpful than Head-Fiers IRL.  It's hard to understand this if you've never been to a meet, but just take my word for it. 
smile.gif

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #378 of 665
Oh, absolutely. There is definitely a social aspect to this... I figured the nerves were related mostly to that, so I tried to kind of re-frame the meet in another perspective to draw anxiety away from that. 
redface.gif

Jul 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #379 of 665
People are really nice at these meets, for sure.

If you like a system, post a writeup about it! I would also encourage people to listen to items that maybe aren't so popular or "hot."

Jul 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #380 of 665
Well, any meet-newbs are welcome to hang out @ my 1/2 of the table
bigsmile_face.gif
.  I'll bring my favorite cheap-whiskey (Lismore) for people to try.

Also, I'm going to bring my rackmount furman-power conditioner for anyone near my table to use.

Jul 4, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #381 of 665
My friend azynneo is coming also.  I would like to share a table with him.  He will be bring a anedio D2, Either a SPL phonitor or a WA22 and a HD800.

Jul 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #383 of 665
I expect to have a Gilmore Lite to run with the Concero.

Jul 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #385 of 665
I just ordered a Schiit USB Gen 2 board for my Bifrost.
This should make it easy for folks to plug in their own source music.

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #386 of 665
Quote:
Oh, absolutely. There is definitely a social aspect to this... I figured the nerves were related mostly to that, so I tried to kind of re-frame the meet in another perspective to draw anxiety away from that. 
redface.gif

Originally Posted by mike1127 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

People are really nice at these meets, for sure.

Yup!  Srsly, the first person you say "hi" to is pretty much going to make that anxiety go away. 
smile.gif
  That's a Head-Fi secret you see?  We rant here so that we can be ultra-nice in person.

Quote:
Denon will have 2 table displays with the following for demo:

Music Maniac AH-D7100 Over Ear HP
Music Maniac AH-D600 Over Ear HP
Music Maniac AH-D340 On Ear HP
Music Maniac AH-C400 In Ear HP
Urban Raver AH-D400 Over Ear HP
Urban Raver AH-D320 On Ear HP
Urban Raver AH-C300 In Ear HP
Urban Raver AH-C100 In Ear HP

Holy moly, that's like their entire Music Maniac and Urban Raver line-ups... with the exception of the AH-C250.  Ironically, that's the only IEM from them that I haven't heard. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #390 of 665
A very stupid question that I should know the answer to.

I use my MacBook Pro as a source to my Schiit Bifrost using Toslink cable.   Mac, easy, fine, plug it in and forget it.
I ordered the Schiit USB Gen 2 for the show because I figured USB is more prevalent.

I didn't think about the sources.  What will folks be walking around with source wise?
Laptops to the DAC or stuff like MP3 players direct to an amp?

My amp only has RCA inputs.
Should I make an adapter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back