Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jul 19, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #586 of 665
Quote:
For my nametag: Russ
For my friend's nametag: GaryZ

Thanks

Done! 
smile.gif

Any more guys?  Only 15 minutes left.

EDIT:  Annnnnddddd... done.  Thanks to everyone who responded!  Now to finish all these up.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #587 of 665
One other thing that hasn't been mentioned but really should: I hope that at least some Head-Fiers will have cameras, or other convenient photographic devices, at the meet too. I've seen too many meet impressions threads lately that didn't have many photos, or any at all. And a lot of meet impressions threads overwhelmingly tend to lack impressions too, for whatever reason. More people really need to write impressions and/or post pics, otherwise future generations of Head-Fiers will just see the meet planning threads and not the results. Do it for posterity!
tongue.gif
It can help create good press after the meet too - if you had a great time, why not share that with all of Head-Fi?

Plus, meet impressions threads are a great place to say thanks to the organizer(s), especially for those who might not have gotten to say it in-person. It takes a lot of work to organize a meet, especially one of this size, and third_eye deserves major credit, kudos, & thanks for pulling it off. Heck, as a non-attendee, I'd like to say thanks to him for organizing this regional meet, and I'm sure everyone attending will appreciate it too.

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #590 of 665
I'll be attending. Most likely, I will be bring a K1000 (bass heavy), K550, and a K701 with both stock and 65th pads.

I need to find you to try out your 701 with the 65th pads. Was hoping to try the Annies, but that is the next best thing.

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #591 of 665
Quote:
One other thing that hasn't been mentioned but really should: I hope that at least some Head-Fiers will have cameras, or other convenient photographic devices, at the meet too. I've seen too many meet impressions threads lately that didn't have many photos, or any at all. And a lot of meet impressions threads overwhelmingly tend to lack impressions too, for whatever reason. More people really need to write impressions and/or post pics, otherwise future generations of Head-Fiers will just see the meet planning threads and not the results. Do it for posterity!
tongue.gif
It can help create good press after the meet too - if you had a great time, why not share that with all of Head-Fi?

Agreed!  I'm almost positive that several attendees will be rocking some photo-fi gear (you know who you are).  Plus, I know at least one person that's going to do vid caps.  But yes, pics or it didn't happen right?  I'll try to snap a few myself.

Quote:

Plus, meet impressions threads are a great place to say thanks to the organizer(s), especially for those who might not have gotten to say it in-person. It takes a lot of work to organize a meet, especially one of this size, and third_eye deserves major credit, kudos, & thanks for pulling it off. Heck, as a non-attendee, I'd like to say thanks to him for organizing this regional meet, and I'm sure everyone attending will appreciate it too.

Yes, dear lawd yes! 
smile.gif
  I'm not sure most people know exactly how much work goes into putting a meet together.  purrin alluded to the level of dedication necessary shortly after Changfest this past February.  To add to that, and in short, it is NOT a trivial undertaking. 
eek.gif
  So srsly folks, hats off to third_eye for putting all of this together.  This is shaping up to be a huge meet, which makes his effort all the more astounding! 
smile.gif

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #593 of 665
Hey folks,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I just didn't see it.  This will be my first Meet and I was wondering if I could bring my LCD-2/Q-Audio cable to sample some of the fine amps that are there?  I have a 4-pin XLR connector and single-end adapter.  Also, can/should I bring a CD?  There are a couple of tracks I usually use for sound comparisons.

I apologize for the trouble, I just want to understand and respect the Meet protocol.

Looking forward to seeing everybody there.  I'll try to bring my camera as well.

Cheers and all the best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #594 of 665
Quote:
Hey folks,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I just didn't see it.  This will be my first meet and I was wondering if I could bring my LCD-2/Q-Audio cable to sample some of the fine amps that are there?  I have a 4-pin XLR connector and single-end adapter.
Also, can/should I bring a CD?  There are a couple of tracks I use for comparisons.

I apologize for the trouble, I just want to understand and respect the meet protocol.

Looking forward to seeing everybody there.  I'll try to bring my camera as well.

Cheers and all the best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Yes, of course! I think that's the best approach to hearing various amps and I believe there are a few CD source based rigs.

We're in the homestretch now!
beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #598 of 665
A friendly reminder:

If you're planning to put a few favorite tracks on a USB thumb-drive for tomorrow, please make absolutely certain that your drive is free of viruses, malware, etc.

You'd be amazed at how many people, especially Mac users, haven't implemented robust security measures.

You don't want to be responsible for creating a bot-net or borking a bunch of friends' computers.

See y'all tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back