Official Klipsch Custom-3 Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #61 of 62
I owned the Custom 2s but sold them because of the fit issues. I've heard a lot of good words about the Custom 3s, so I figured I'd give the them a try. If they fail, at least they have resale value.

Klipsch gel tips: useless with the 2s, useless with the 3s. Switched to Shure tri-flanges. Perfect.

The low end is authoritative but not overwhelming. It's accurate, but if you're looking for power, you're better off with the Atrios, IE8, or TF10

There's a substantial treble roll-off after a mid-treble spike. Post EQ, they're reminiscent of the RE1, with the same all-round, totally competent, handle-anything feel.

They lack the precision of analytical phones (ER6i, RE0). In fact, they don't beat my atrios by much. I hope the folks who read that "reference audio" packaging aren't paying retail; the 3s, ain't it.

At their $150-ish street price, they price near the super .fi 5s, more precise headphones, but with less presence. The UE5s have more air, and space and accuracy, while the Custom 3s have more...music. (Is this what fun-sounding phones are? It might might also be the tequila, so I don't fully trust my judgement.)

I don't care about accessories as long as the phones sound good, but these do come with a generous hard case with webbed pockets that easily hold both the phones and my Sansa e260.

When I stop listening for flaws and just rock out, phones pass; they make my music sound good, and that's all I ever want. The Custom 3's pass--just. The have betters in bass extension, treble extension, and precision, but they're solid, competent phones.

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #62 of 62
Just a quick impression. The only BA headphones I am able to compare to these are the B2 and the UE600, but I still feel like these are better sounding than both. The B2s are more comfortable but the bass in these are much thicker. Very surprising for BA IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back