official iriver imp-550 thread
Jun 12, 2003 at 7:20 PM Post #16 of 223
Quote:

Originally posted by [so]hai®
FYI, my 550 is now 6 hours straight running in audio cd mode and still remain 1 bar in the battery indicator (battery indicator is set at center,6)... i've changed 5 discs and played with the remote in between...
I'm quite confident 550 can play at least 8 hours continuously with audio CD... at least so far so good...
biggrin.gif

p/s: FYI, the backlight is set to 5 sec from the first day i got...

are your akkus 1400 mAh or more?
my 400 is running 2h:30min now, no change in battery indicator
wow, this is getting exciting!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 12, 2003 at 7:24 PM Post #17 of 223
alright, your post was faster. my imp-400 came with blue 1400 mAh gumsticks. but I already bought an extra pair GP 1450 mAh at ebay. it will arrive tomorrow.

to be honest, i don't quite understand why iriver don't include the same accessories in the imp-400 package (adapter, batteries). it probably was produced and packed months ago and production line is finished already.

Jun 12, 2003 at 7:36 PM Post #19 of 223
hi merton, yes, so far the cheapest is 180 and i would advise u to get from iriver america 'cos it's easier when come to warranty (touch wood
biggrin.gif
)...

{EDIT} pls email them about the carrying case first... i don't want u to cry after they send u nylon case....
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2003 at 8:01 PM Post #21 of 223
Quote:

... all the setting same with headache except i'm using extreme eq...
tongue.gif

with headphones are connected with your 550? I'm using my porta pros for this test. The way headphones produce sound may also influence batterylife.

Jun 12, 2003 at 8:34 PM Post #25 of 223
ok.. i found another new feature in 550.... the ETIQUETTE function.... i'm not quite sure about this function yet... but from the manual, this function will reduce mechanical noise when reading CD.... it's related to how the unit reads the structure of the CD....

To those who interested, it's on the page 18 in the manual, to get one copy of manual, just go to iriver site...

Jun 12, 2003 at 8:50 PM Post #26 of 223
hi guys, just got up after a good nights sleep listening to my 400
smily_headphones1.gif

anyway, the gumsticks that came with mine are 1450 mah batteries. these should be the standard, so i wonder if headache got ripped off? heh.

just a general question: how do you guys put up with only 700mb CD-R's? i find it still not enough...and i came from 192mb of flash memory on a nomad II mg.... im seriously thinking of just dumping the whole cd/mp3 player and going HDD... thoughts?

BTW: so hai, no the older imp's cannot play while charging.... thats another advantage hehe. but seriously, i just set mine to turn off in 30 min, i fall asleep, then it will automatically charge up for the morning when its attached to the DC source (which is indeed 600mA DC)

Jun 12, 2003 at 9:09 PM Post #27 of 223
well, if u need to carry a lot of songs with u... then HD-based player should suit u better...

for me, i like the CD/mp3 combo 'cos i do need that much of songs with me all the time... another reason is i'm too lazy to convert all the songs to lossless format...
biggrin.gif

for me, i just need a CDRW to carry latest songs(mp3) and some of my favourite AudioCDs.... that's all i need b4 i get chance to access to PC the next time...

I've tried minidisk (MZ-N10) setup as well but i'm quite dissapointed with the sound quality i got... also the mess from converting mp3/CD format to ATRAC format...

Jun 12, 2003 at 9:52 PM Post #29 of 223
ok.... the player has run out of battery.... totally flat... can't even ON at all....Total playtime with AUDIO CD and with onboard battery only is about 9 hours...

Here is the setting i used:
original 2X1450mAh gumstick battery
volume ~20
Xtreme EQ
PortaPro Headphone (connected all the time)
Backlight 5 sec
Changing 6 dics and playing with the remote in between...

Also i try to list all the advantages on 550 compared to 400 here:
1)Ability to charge while playing
2)Faster charging time
3)New ETIQUETTE function (lessen mechanical noise)
4)5 Bands adjustable Xtreme EQ (50,200,1K,3K,14KHz)
5)More powerful headphone out and linout
6)Optical out support non-AudioCD formats as well
7)Longer playtime (verified
tongue.gif
)
8)Better looks (to be argued
biggrin.gif
)
9)Longer antiskip (useless... i think
wink.gif
)

i found that the Xtreme EQ is very useful... now i can't listen to flat eq anymore...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2003 at 10:11 PM Post #30 of 223
man.. i got $90 in my damn paypal account and the $122 in my checking.. and now i gotta what FOREVER!!! just to buy this dman 550!!! just cus it's takes them all dooda week to transfer!!! damn them!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back