Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-)
Feb 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #16 of 421
Went to the same place as yesterday to continue yesterday's headphone meet...

The host (mcgino) actually showed up with the Sony R10s this time:

At 24 years of age these phones are older than most of you

Here's the phones clad in huge leather case complete with bronze plaque

Sheepskin earpads showing a vintage look

Earcups made of some hundred year old oak or other, bio-cellulose drivers inside

As for listening:
dustdevil's comment: "the r10 sounded pretty good, and they are extremely comfortable.  They are really airy for a closed hp, and emphasize the upper vocals somewhat in a pleasant way."
Me and Boris also noted the above mentioned positive qualities but also noted a distinct lack of bass.  At #17, these were made really early in the 1000-pair R10 run and belonged to the bass-light early model.  Later examples of the R10 are supposedly more "bass-heavy";  from what we've heard of this pair we can only assume that by "bass heavy" they mean "less bass-light".
wink.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 31, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #19 of 421
Details for Mingo Headphone Festaval 2013 Hong Kong:
(Document in Chinese)

Joe Bloggs will be hosting a booth in the DIY'er section featuring:
- Joe's Headphone Equalizations Guide
- My previous Project-H Amp / DAC (See Sig)
- My upcoming Project-T Amp

Unfortunately I will not make it there due to examinations, but I hope you guys will have fun on the day~
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #20 of 421
Hi guys, I'll be visiting Hong Kong 2nd week of May. Two queries:

1. How much does a Cayin HA-1A costs? Where is the best place to buy, AV Gala?

2. Where is the best pace to buy Darkvoice 337SE or La Figaro 339? How much do they cost?

Thanks in advance!

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #21 of 421
hey
1) i am surprise someone still remember ha 1a. i don't remember how much it is now but i remember av gala still have it
2) mingo and jaban hk have both 337 and 339

May 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #24 of 421
Quote:
Details for Mingo Headphone Festaval 2013 Hong Kong:
(Document in Chinese)

Joe Bloggs will be hosting a booth in the DIY'er section featuring:
- Joe's Headphone Equalizations Guide
- My previous Project-H Amp / DAC (See Sig)
- My upcoming Project-T Amp

Unfortunately I will not make it there due to examinations, but I hope you guys will have fun on the day~
biggrin.gif

Omg I walked past the booth
size]

Should have tried your H Amp....(Will it be available somewhere?And If I'm correct, this is designed for ACG music right?)

May 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #25 of 421
Exams are done!
I'm no longer a high school student!!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

biggrin.gif

I ended up showing up on Friday and Saturday
tongue.gif

Here's a pic dump

The venue:

Our DIY corner:

Me:

DIY headphone stands I made the night before the expo:

Out mascot
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Omg I walked past the booth
size]

Should have tried your H Amp....(Will it be available somewhere?And If I'm correct, this is designed for ACG music right?)

There will be a Meet sometime later this summer.
Ill post details once we've got the whole thing sorted.

Nah, just because I'm a huge ACG fan doesn't mean I tune amps for them.
tongue.gif

The amp section of P-H is an Objective2, you can expect minimal colorization.

May 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #27 of 421
Hello HK HeadFiers,

I know this is Head-Fi, but my question is speakers related instead of headphones. Hopefully someone here can help me out. I'm looking to getting some desktop speakers with somewhat decent sound without too high of a price and was hoping to test out either the Swans M10 or Audioengine A2 as they seem to be within my budget (according to US online prices I've found, I have no clue where to find HK prices online) and small enough for the small rooms in HK. Headphones are nice, but summer is here and it is just way too hot for my V-MODA M100s. Does anyone know where I can find these speakers in Hong Kong? Or do you have any other recommendations that would be around this size and price? (I will be using them with my computer, iPod and smartphone.) Thanks for all the help!

May 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #29 of 421
Thanks Rhcw! I've been to Sim City and was around Mong Kok going to the different headphone stores a while back. I knew I had seen it somewhere but couldn't remember where and I also wanted to know pricing and place before going searching again. Thanks for the help. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back