Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Oct 1, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,553 of 3,817
Nothing to do with the HE-6. Different animal.

The housing is thinner than the 1000's, and the sound is less micro-detailed and very musical. It has over 100db of sensitivity, 10 more than the 1000's and will 
play nice-nice with all the portables. It is very light…double-digit grams lighter and the headband is 560-sh, not 1000. It will be much more affordable (under $2K) and 
has some potent bass authority for you rockers. It's not a critical listener, it's more for high quality fun listening. Same 1/8" plugs so cabling will be consistent. 

It will be more than competitive to the likes of Ethers and the PM-1's but hard to compare to the HD800's. Different sound. Smaller soundstage than the 1000's and a slightly forward presentation.

The color on Steve's head is a metal band reflecting color. It is really a shiny silver. 

I will try and steal away to a quiet spot in Denver for more a accurate summation.

Sounds like it will be a 'fun' headphone, rather than analytical. But will it be better than the LCDX for the price?

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #1,556 of 3,817
Heard from HIFiMan USA that the current (and they say final)  production model of the HE1000 comes with a headband somewhere between the original " too long" and revamped "too short" versions.  I confirmed that my current pair for evaluation is the latest version.  The comfort is excellent, better than the shortie version I tried and returned.

Still having a hard time finding fault in this headphone. Matted with my Auralic Taurus & RWAK-120S the sound is truly incredible. The HE1000 is a keeper!

Oct 1, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #1,558 of 3,817
Heard from HIFiMan USA that the current (and they say final)  production model of the HE1000 comes with a headband somewhere between the original " too long" and revamped "too short" versions.  I confirmed that my current pair for evaluation is the latest version.  The comfort is excellent, better than the shortie version I tried and returned.

Still having a hard time finding fault in this headphone. Matted with my Auralic Taurus & RWAK-120S the sound is truly incredible. The HE1000 is a keeper!

Any idea how you can tell which version you have?

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #1,559 of 3,817
Any idea how you can tell which version you have?

The only way to be sure is to email HiFiMAN customer support (from website).  With your serial number they will contact the factory and find out which version you have, all you need to do is ask.

Both pair i have are the most current....

50814xxxxxxxx

50811xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back