Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
May 23, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #76 of 3,817
I don't believe anyone called the 1K veiled...

May 23, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #77 of 3,817
I've been keeping up with all three he1000 threads from time to time, and at no point have anyone said they were veiled. So I really don't understand that comment. These are the exactly opposite of veiled and you will be hard pressed to find a more transparent headphone. The transparency is on par with the 009 imo.

Not quite there in term of transparency. The Sr009 is more transparent in a direct comparison coming out of both the Kgsshv and bhse. However, the he1000 is more forgiving and definitely warmer sound wise. The he1000 also respond well with a cable upgrade. The silver dragon that I have does tighten up the sound while increasing the speed slightly. The he1000 is one heck of a headphones in my book.

May 23, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #78 of 3,817
How many hours do yours have? Out of the box, I would say the transparency is about on the level of a modded he6. But I'm at over 120 hours and the transparency has improved quiet a bit.

May 23, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #79 of 3,817
How many hours do yours have? Out of the box, I would say the transparency is about on the level of a modded he6. But I'm at over 120 hours and the transparency has improved quiet a bit.

Around 150 to 175 hours. Been ruining it non stop out of my Sony nw-zx2. I am driving the he1000 out of the super symmetry dynahi.

May 23, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #80 of 3,817
Oh ok, I didn't know you had them that long based on your previous posts. Your direct comparison of a fully burned in one would definitely be better than mine from memory.

May 23, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #81 of 3,817
I've been keeping up with all three he1000 threads from time to time, and at no point have anyone said they were veiled. So I really don't understand that comment. These are the exactly opposite of veiled and you will be hard pressed to find a more transparent headphone. The transparency is on par with the 009 imo.

Not quite there in term of transparency. The Sr009 is more transparent in a direct comparison coming out of both the Kgsshv and bhse. However, the he1000 is more forgiving and definitely warmer sound wise. The he1000 also respond well with a cable upgrade. The silver dragon that I have does tighten up the sound while increasing the speed slightly. The he1000 is one heck of a headphones in my book.

I'll be thinking of a balanced cable, either for a Pono, or, when it comes, the Liquid Carbon. Do you hear much improvement upgrading the cable?

May 23, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #82 of 3,817
Cable changes are VERY obvious with these.
I have never heard such a difference in cables as I do with these.
Same goes with various recordings.

May 23, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #83 of 3,817
I'm not surprised you hear differences, as they are very revealing. The real question with cake changes is, sites it sound better or just different. You can change the sound signature without really improving it (trying to get a sense of how good the including cable is)

May 23, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #84 of 3,817
I like it best with my Signal Cable Silver Resolution Reference interconnects.
I tried some copper ones too with good results, but they were just a touch too warm, and slightly smeared for my own personal tastes. The differences were very obvious, more so than through any of my other cans. Everyones results and tastes will vary though, and upstream components will also make a difference as well.
These HEK's are definitely high resolution, without any doubt :)

May 23, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #85 of 3,817

Agreed re 009 entirely. Mods seem to help with the HE1K. Besides pads, I'll also get an after market cable soonish. I am hoping then they will be right there where I want them.

May 23, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #86 of 3,817
Not quite there in term of transparency. The Sr009 is more transparent in a direct comparison coming out of both the Kgsshv and bhse. However, the he1000 is more forgiving and definitely warmer sound wise.

Agreed re 009 entirely. Mods seem to help with the HE1K. Besides pads, I'll also get an after market cable soonish. I am hoping then they will be right there where I want them.

So do you two feel that the SR-009 is more accurate than the HE1000 in every way?

How would you rank the SR-009, HE1000, and HD 800 in terms of transparency, accuracy, realism, or whatever else you want to call it? If it's not so simple a matter as ranking them, please elaborate, with descriptions of how each one is more accurate than the others. Also list any other headphones that you feel are even more accurate, if applicable.

Please bear in mind that your opinions hold weight for me. I prioritize accuracy above all else and don't want added warmth that isn't in the recording. If you honestly feel that the SR-009 (or HD 800, for that matter) is more accurate than the HE1000, I may alter my plans to focus on building a system around it instead. (Though I would like to buy them all eventually.)

May 23, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #87 of 3,817
Which 3rd party cables have people been trying? I assume the connector for the HEK is the same as the other HifiMan.

May 24, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #89 of 3,817
@ The Powers That Be: It's okay that I ask questions in this thread relating to how the HE1000 sounds compared to other headphones, right? If not, I suppose I could start a thread on the topic elsewhere, but since most of the users are gathered in this one place, I figured it would be the best place to request more info.

This is HiFiman, not the Gustapo. There was nothign in the beta program prohibiting testers from comparing the HE1000 with other headphones, heck that's half the fun of Head-Fi!

May 24, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #90 of 3,817
This is HiFiman, not the Gustapo. There was nothign in the beta program prohibiting testers from comparing the HE1000 with other headphones, heck that's half the fun of Head-Fi!

ehehe. I was referring to me (a mere non-beta peasant) being permitted to request information of the beta testers in this thread.

Anywho...I just discovered that when I move the ear pads back so my ears are near the front of my Yamaha HPH-MT220, the recessed mids become much more upfront. (I guess this is true for headphones in general.) Can HE1000 users comment on the differences in sound when moving their ears to various positions in the pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back